Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" Enable Push notifications now on your XXXX app "

Options
  • 08-05-2022 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious how many folk have PUSH notifications enabled on their mobiles (not including things like your banking app, your email etc).

I'm thinking more news, sports, gossip type websites.

I used to have a couple enabled, like the BBC for example.

But I quickly disabled all of them as the apps were constantly pinging with info that I couldn't care less about. Every news headline, no matter how big or small, was pinging.

In every news report on TodayFM you hear the request to enable them for OTB Sports App.

Just thinking of the OTB App, and if its anything like their daily radio show, they would be pinging you with the results/news of a lot of sports stuff that would be of no interest to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

They are very pushy. I never switch them on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I only have banking , revoult, email(but I've no spam emails, I've unsubscribed from everything so I really only get what I need)

FB messenger,(group chat muted) and WhatsApp turned on (muted group chats though)

Essentially direct messages are turned on and important apps

Everything else is turned off

On work computer then, teams sounds are off, email (outlook) sounds and previews off etc

Advertisement