Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texas Nimbus 4 Gas BBQ

• 08-05-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I bought a Gas bbq in Homebase recently called Texas Nimbus 4 gas bbq.

Assembly went together perfect but I'm confused at the side burner (venturi) part. I'll attach pictures below. The fitting looks incorrect or something wrong as there's 2 holes in it and Gas just blows around when turned on.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have this too , just bought today , doesn’t look right to me. Did you figure it out ? Mines the same surely the gas just escapes out ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

Thats normal in gas BBQ Just light it and enjoy.

ah cool , just wanted to make sure, didnt want to mess around with lighting gas if it was wrong! Thanks for replying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

Just make sure the burner is pushed on fully there looks to be a gap between the end of the burner tube and the gas body. if the gas flares up there its not fitted correctly. Its hard to tell if the brass valve is far enough up.

mine is like that too, it doesnt go on more, burner tube is screwed in place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭E46Dream

Hi, yeah I went back into homebase and they said that's how it's supposed to be, it's the way the Venturi works. It's normal! Thanks guys

Cool thanks for posting back so I know too , appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Does yours light ok?

I got the same bbq, have issues with connecting the piece pictured to the frame as it looks like the holes are cut the wrong way. Anyway, have it attached but the side burner does not light at all, gas is getting to it but after the ignition spark, nothing.

I also have issue with the main burners, can get the first to light but when I get to the third burner they all die. I haven't found an issue with the tube and it's a brand new gas cylinder.

Anyone any ideas what the problem might be? Seems like a lack of gas flow to the burners, so not sure if it's a faulty connection to the cylinder itself.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Can you not edit comments anymore? Issue was the regulator, swapped it out for a Calor one and it solved the problem.

Advertisement