Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ride on tractor lawnmower back wheel??.

Options
  • 08-05-2022 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭

hi guys got a puncture on my back tractor mower wheel earlier and i opened the nut but the damn wheel will not come off.

it must be ceased on the axel from not been off for yrs,any ideas on how i can get it off ??.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Pictures? Most lawn tractors don't have rear wheel nuts they only have a circlip.

Youtube will find you a few other ways but I leave them on and just fill them with goop

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

Yar some yoke...........,...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭blackbox

That happened to me and I had to bate it off. It was worse than the guy in the video.

I grease them now before I put them back.

If you have tubeless tyres you can usually fix them in situ with plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

There's bottles of slime that you put in through the valve that'll seal the puncture if it just a thorn etc that punctured it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Goop - the stuff I linked to in my first post is ideal. I have all 4 tractor tyres filled with it and 3 barrow tyres and it works great. I had three of the four tractor tyres go flat one had 7 punctures all from blackthorn. Filled them all with goop (you can do it without removing the wheel off the tractor) and they are now all holding air and have probably had a good few punctures since. I did find you need the max amount recommended and may be a bit more. Only put the bare minimum in the front tyres and they very slowly went down till I topped them up.

Thats enough for your average lawn tractor but I wouldn't be afraid to put in a bit extra.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement