Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JS Transitional payment to JS Allowance

• 09-05-2022 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

For the last 5 years I have been receiving the Jobseekers transitional payment, my child just recently (late April) turned 14 so the payment ended and I've had to apply for JSA, my claim was apparently closed for JST and did not transition to JSA, now I find out that I will no longer be entitled to fuel allowance etc for 15 months.

Please does anybody know if this is correct procedure or have they made a mistake? and does time spent on JST not count towards my entitlements on JSA.

Thank you for any advice.

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Difficult situation, firstly payments don't, I believe automatically transition, you are required to apply for the new payment near to when existing paying (JST) is coming to an end , albeit I would have thought the department would at least notified you when JST is ending. Obviously your child turning 14 was the trigger for your JST ceasing.

With regards to JSA and eligibility for FA, in normal circumstances it is true (few believe or understand this) that a person must be in receipt of JSA for 15 months before being eligible.

Given you were on a type of jobseekers payment with similar means test but "minus must be seeking employment", it would seem you would be entitled to FA if as you say you already had the FA approved, but you may need to appeal.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement