Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Customer Service Job - Very Disappointed

Options
  • 09-05-2022 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Right so basically, I applied for a customer service role at Facebook on behalf of another company (Concentrix) a couple of months or so after leaving my last position which was also working with Facebook, again on behalf of a different company (Accenture).

I did the interview, it went well, the test scores were good and I seemed in a good position. Then suddenly the recruiter calls me to tell me I can't take the role working with Facebook within 6 months of my last one?

I never heard about this before and I was so confused, especially as to why I got told this AFTER the interview, so I wasted all of that time, including a 30-40 minute interview along with THREE separate small tests.

Anyone have experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Check your previous contract. There's likely a no-compete clause in place between the various different contractors.

Annoying that nobody copped it before you started the process, but realistically there's probably very little you can do. Ask the recruiter if you can resume the process at its current stage after the 6 months expires rather than having to apply all over again, that's probably the best outcome you cab hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jimsonite

Hi!

Thank you for the reply. Do you mean I should ask the recruiter again when the 6 months passes if I can continue the process from when it was cancelled before?

I recently had another role within the company offered to me, for less pay, which I completed another interview for and was offered the job. I accepted, and told them about days off which I would need (couple of trips this month. 3/4 days off needed).

This was on Monday. The recruiter told me they would have to speak with 'ops' in the morning and check if out for me. I messaged the recruiter yesterday about an update but there is still nothing further and I'm starting to get stressed and worried again.

Sorry for unloading all this but I really need some sort of perspective/advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ask the recruiter now if you can pick the application back up where it was left off once the 6 month period expires.

I wouldn't worry too much about the new role yet. We're coming into the time of year where companies know new hires are likely to have holidays coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jimsonite

Thank you. I will contact them.

Yes, that's true, the thing I'm worried about is I'm supposed to start on Monday, and it's a remote/hybrid position. So, I'd need the equipment sent out as soon as possible. Would you think they would extend the start date to another week later?

Advertisement