Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Guards serve in the hometown?

• 09-05-2022 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭

Are Guards always assigned away from the cities or towns where they grew up and where their family live?

If yes, can they eventually get assigned home?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

In general no. Dublin and the other major cities will allow someone from that city to work somewhere in the same city, but usually it’s in another part of the city.

However I know a few lads after a few years try and transfer as close to home as possible, but that’s no easy feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I know a few lads serving in towns within 30 mins of home. All of them served a few years in other counties for a few years before been relocated. A friend of mine I went to school with is only 10 mins away from home so has it handy enough.

Advertisement