Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday May 10th 2022

Options
  • 10-05-2022 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

In the 5.10 LINGFIELD the 15/8 jolly looks both underpriced and vulnerable. ENGLISH SPIRIT came a respectable third in a Class 6 over 7 at Newcastle 2 runs back. For some reason that seemed enough to install him as the early 9/4 fav for his next race at Lingfield; another Class 6 and an amateur race over a mile, whereupon he was backed heavy into 11/8 jolly - and finished 2nd. He was beat by a nose then into 2nd place, and 3lgths ahead of the third. Good enough form on the face of it? I'm not so sure myself. The time was 1m38.11secs, and that was 'faster' than the course average. Very rare I see a race over a mile on the normal 'Standard' going that aint faster than the course average, no matter how poor the quality.

Granted, this beast has had only 11 runs to his name, and, on account of the race he was in, had to lug 10-8 from a to b. Even so, almost all races over CD are completed in and around the 1m36/1m37seconds mark. 1m38.11 is hardly gonna cut it. He raced keen and chased the leaders, but it was a closer from the back that won it. Plenty of horses didn't get into the race that day - for various reasons, not least the calibre of jockey. English Spirit was drawn 7 that day and has an even better one in box 2 today. He's 11/4 on the tissue sp, and that is far more representative of his chance I feel. Looks vulnerable for a place, as does SWEET BERTIE and MASQOOL, both at around 11/2 odds o' reward.

My two e/w against the field here are the topweight VILLEURBANNE 5/1 and NICK VEDDER 14/1 (eff it anyway - someone else spotted his potential chance; was 20s and bigger earlier)

good luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Also gone e/w at 9s AIGUILETTE in that Lingfield race. Put up some bets (unmatched) earlier on for the three I like not to place, but it's like they never existed 😃 This BF craic is tricky 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Great write up there, Konny, fun to read. I've got like 20mins to spare, so I'm off to see what's gonna catch my eye today.

Thank you j@utis, mucho appreciatedo 🤣 hope you find many winners, and plenty to catch your eye - if not for today, then for the future !

In that 5:10 lingers, what I don't like about ENGLISH SPIRIT is that he's been on the same mark for quite a while now and still no win, goes close but keeps falling short.

I like the sound of Cookies & Cream - yummy - in 5:20 Beverly, she's less exposed than hot favorite and might spring a surprise this evening, her first run was in quite good company where she finished 3rd.

Cookies nd Cream sounds like a combo worth trying alright j@utis 🤣

Meanwhile I'm taking a flyer on two at Newcastle in 6.0'c.. Not much chances on form figures or recent form, esp the ex Bolger horse; but anyhow, the big priced unfancied ones win in their turn too !

POSTER CHILD 20/1 , ROSE OF LANCASHIRE 40/1 , and maybe include them two with the jolly CUSACK for a combi tricast 🤣

Now i'm off to look in the press to see if i fancy a cookie - minus the cream 😄 have some brunch lollipops in freezer, might let one melt and indulge.. Maybe not now, but later on perhaps :D

njoy all jollities & frivolities impending or hoped for, I'll have to settle for a winner or two - nowt much else going on atm 🙂

😁 La V A Bell as the French do say 😃

• Advertisement

8:15 Lingers - Nuble 9/1 is one that I've been following for a while. Pity she's lost her claimer jockey tonight but she's gonna be fresh after a break and might be ready for another bold bid, small e/w.

Had a squizz at Cookies race 5,20.. Not liking the jolly - think I'll back Haggas horse there and chance Brazilian Beach eachy waye 🤣

Enough studying for the now - watch world go by nd drink some tea with SSR on in background 🤣

luck all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I Like reading your writeups, I'm nogood at write ups. Anyhows I've done my usual pots and have 4 win Bets Gosuatri, Rosesgirl, Cookiesandcreme. Baiykara

more e/w Shanksamillioon, Fydlecoast, mustango, fard, eaglesdare, nuble, geneverdragon

thanks pottokblue - course you'd make as good a shape as any at the writeups 🤣

good luck with them pots ya have today !

I'll follow ye in on Nuble and do Meadram as well in the treble L

• Advertisement

On Macs Dilemma here Chep

Nice one, is Mac only single or do you have in dbl/trble/L15??

oops mixed up with Macbelucky at Sedgefield, neverthelesss a winner is awinner is a winner and can sometimes get the chickendinner

Ya , just a single - but good enough for me. thought his last 2 runs were savage relative to today's grade/conditions 🤣 Could have been a 15/8 shot on form, but big fields and all that 🙂

haven't looked at/seen Macbelucky,, hope he wins/already has won and does/done da business for ya 😊

Girlswannahavefun lil e/w here 2.50Chp - g'luck

And then I'll see about catching a few ZZZZZs - well deserved they'll be :D

bye bye love ya loads,, yeah yeah you too ,, bye ,, bye 😁

"Oh when the work and day is done, oh me just wanna have a bun" 😂

Knebworth looks waay too big at 4/5 here 6.45 Ling upcoming - I'd be concerned if I was on; looks like a 2/7 shot to me

Wins cosy in the end - would have been a big price in-running I'd say

'night folks :)

xx j@utis 👊 pottokblue 😁

2moro's another day - have a few hopeful ones in da daily thread 🙏

No fireworks today but I wasn't expecting much either. Cookies&cream might have needed that run but surely will be winning her races and Nuble has been caught by the handicapper and better be just watched for a while...

• Advertisement
Advertisement