Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soap Schedule Changes have you changed you viewing pattern?

Options
  • 10-05-2022 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭

Just a quick poll on the changes to Emmerdale, EastEnders and Coronation Street, to see how soap viewers are now watching clashing soaps.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭RoTelly

If I could add a poll

1. The soaps I watch don't clash
    2. The soaps I watch don't clash due to +1 channels
    3. I defer watching one soap and catch up online
    4. I am a Daytime soap watcher
    5. I continue to see all eps of soaps but watch online
    6. I have stopped watching soaps due to the changes.

How do I put a poll up.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I stopped watching Emmerdale after the change. That coincided with the end of Poundland Villanelle (Meena) storyline. I opt for Eastenders and Corrie. I catch an odd episode of Emmerdale on Virgin on Saturday but I watched last night and haven't really got a Scooby what's going on. I hope figures plunge and they go back to the old times.

Looking like ITV is winning, while BBC haven't seen any increases for The One Show, while Emmers is beating EastEnders

VMTV's live adult audience has dropped significantly since the change, and EastEnders was never as popular so Emmers has retained its audience while Coro St has seen its audience fall, Fair City splitting the audience when it clashes with Coro St and Emmerdale.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 30,504 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I watch Fair City, Emmerdale and Coronation Street.

I'm fairly consistent. I sometimes miss the first thirty minutes of Coronation Street on Wednesday or I might watch it on plus one instead.

I used dip in and out of Emmerdale but have being fairly consistent for the two years.

Gave up on Eeastenders when it got over run with Carter's and can't face it now. It's just to loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I haven't watched live terrestrial TV in years.

Im not a soap watcher but my wife is. Again she never watches them live. She'd usually put one on if I go to bed early.

In short scheduling wouldn't effect our viewing habits at all

• Advertisement

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Advertisement