Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Windows Server certification

Options
  • 10-05-2022 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Any recomendation for latest (possibly 2012 but better 2016 or newer) Windows Server administration certification in Ireland?

I have old one and years of experience but was asked recently about newer cert and I also expect some new stuff added to latest certification which I may possibly miss in my limited experience. I did two Microsoft Cloud certs in last few years as this technology is changing very quickly but somehow neglected bare metal education, so I wish to catch up with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I stopped at 2016 but given thats 6 years old I wouldn't even think about doing it now as I suspect the exams have been withdrawn for it or will be soon. 2012 I'm sure are long gone? I'd be looking at Server 2022 if I was going to bother at all.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Yes I know Microsoft certification politics changed significantly (and not only Microsoft TBH). They started to see money in teaching not only selling products. I presume you are right - they cut a lot of options and this is probably why it is hard to find/do certs now especially for less and less supported traditional infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I've been through the certification mill time after time but eventually gave up. Unless you are already well into certification on an older product line to my mind it doesn't make any sense to do anything other than certify on Microsoft's latest and greatest.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Advertisement