Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Research Survey

Options
  • 10-05-2022 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I hope this is ok to post here. I am looking for people who work in IT who have experienced a cyber attack within the past five years to fill out a short survey as part of my Masters research. I have sent out emails to a few organizations but wanted to post here hoping I could get a few more Irish organizations involved in the study results. Below is the survey invitation which I have sent out which outlines the purpose of my research and what is required.

SURVEY INVITATION

I am a Masters student from the National College of Ireland and I am conducting a research study as part of my degree requirements. My study is entitled, Improving Cybersecurity Risk Management. This is a letter of invitation to participate in this research study. The purpose of this study is to determine the efficacy of current cybersecurity risk management methodologies and frameworks. In addition, this study will outline changes which can be implemented based on the study results as to design a more robust methodology or framework for cybersecurity risk assessment.

The only participants we can accept responses from need to have been part of the IT team within their business or organization and have experienced a cyber attack in the past five years.    

By agreeing to participate in the study, you will be giving your consent for the researcher to include your responses in the final data analysis. Your participation in this research study is strictly voluntary, and you may choose not to participate without fear of penalty or any negative consequences. You will be able to withdraw from the survey at any time and all survey responses will be deleted, including the informed consent agreement.

An informed consent agreement will appear on the first screen of the survey. All of your responses will be kept confidential. They will only be used for statistical purposes and will be reported only in aggregated, summary data. None of the responses will be connected to identifying information in the published results. If you wish, you may request a copy of the results of this research study by emailing to the researcher at the email address listed at the beginning of the survey.      

The survey will last no more than 10 minutes. Your participation will contribute to the current literature on the subject of cybersecurity risk assessment. No compensation will be offered for your participation.

If you decide to participate after reading this statement on the purpose of this study, you can access the survey from a link at https://forms.office.com/r/ZSt03tGUJ9

Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely, 

Wesley Whitworth PgD Cybersecurity, MSc Cybersecurity (In Progress)

National College of Ireland 

Advertisement