Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel loan application

Options
  • 10-05-2022 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I applied last week for a loan, but after not hearing anything back I applied elsewhere - I finally got confirmation this afternoon and a docusign email, can I just ignore this or do I need to do something to cancel the application?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are very sorry to hear that your application has taken longer than expected. To cancel the Loan application we would recommend that you call our customer service team directly on 0818366100 and our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

The team is available from 9am to 5pm. We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nickkohl

I'm sure you will have a cool off. Just give them a call and explain that you no longer need the loan. When it comes to money issues, I use Fit My Money app. It's quite intuitive and absolutely helpful. Also Rich Dad Poor Dad is such a powerful book which could leave a huge impact in your life. Also all other RDPD books just keep repeating same concepts again and again. Just read the first book and pls apply them in your life or else its of no use.

Post edited by nickkohl on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Seems like it wasn't just a one off for the OP. Me too.

Looks like BOI have system failures where the 2 days is just hearsay rather than fact. (I understand they are prob very understaffed to stick to the 2 days but important to give updates for stuff like this at regular intervals & extend the expected reply days to be more realistic instead)

Today is 20th June - No update since 6th.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Loan applications are assessed on a case by case basis, and as a result of this timeframes can vary.

Updates are sent by email so please keep an eye on your spam/junk folders also.

Alternatively, if you would like an update on the status of your application you can certainly link in with our lending team on 0818366100. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Krylter

I am sure that you will calm down. Just call and explain that you no longer need the loan. It is very intuitive and absolutely helpful when searching for new words.

• Advertisement
Advertisement