Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q lite

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Merged the two Sky Q lite related threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

1. if you're referring to the old white Sky+ box, I guess you'd have to contact them and ask.,
    2. Someone further up the thread said they had Lite with multiroom for an extra 10. Though IMO if you're trying to save money just buy a cheap freesat box for the 2nd room.
    3. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Rang sky today.

They told me that the sky lite is only available if I sign to broadband.

Cheapest they'd offer for TV only was 25 a month.

I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭obi604

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭greasepalm

That looked like the old PACE box i had many years ago before updating boxes.

• Advertisement

need to try another agent, I have Sky Essentials and I've never had broadband with them.

That one was made by Sky in house as with most of their recent boxes after their acquisition of Amstrad. It was one of the last Sky+HD boxes dating from 2014, so nearly a decade old tech at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭greasepalm

When they downsized the picture quality i left , remembering how sharp and clear it was in the beginning and faded away the last year i was with them. They wanted you to move to Sky Q services to get a better quality and said no and left them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cathy427

Sounds good. If they fixing it is that sky q then?

Discovery + normally free with sky q - is it free with sky lite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Fairly sure it's skyq I have, no the older system anyway, this one can record more than two programmes at a time.

I think Discovery is free but I have a separate subscription to it as I use it on other tv so just set up from app whenever I want to watch it.

Disco+ is a Sky reward so I think it's based on how long you're with them.

I have it with SkyQ Lite/Essentials but I registered before I downgraded. It's a full subscription though, you can use it on any device, not just the Q box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,619 ✭✭✭✭ted1

by the time you buy a freesat box with a 2TB hard drive your well over €10 a month

and you can't record the Irish channels on a Freesat box, so you'd need a Saorview+ box as well.

Obviously there are other options which remove the monthly sub altogether but a tenner a month for a fully integrated EPG with record and series link, catchup services built-in etc is reasonable IMO. The main complaints I've had are about the lack of C4 as there are Bake-Off fans in the house, but they can still watch it live via "other channels" and it's there on catch up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Another bonus is you are still eligible for Sky rewards. Generally useless but yesterday it offered 6 months of Apple TV+ for free (saving me the €7 p/m I currently pay) and a free movie. Not a bad perk for €10 p/m

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

Can you sign up for TV only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Releated to the Saorsat thread that was closed. Since the Saorsat Sat will not be replaced as mentioned in other posts and Saorsat only services 2% of the state could 2RN do somesort of deal with Sky to provide the 2% with sky Q Lite without them paying a sub and the state paying Sky a yearly fee for the Service?

I don’t think you could do that kind of deal without a tender tbh, VM might just as easily claim that with their streaming box they are now capable of providing TV to anyone in the country with a capable internet connection. (Trouble is the same people that are dependant on Saorsat are also the ones with lack of broadband access).

Ka-sat is expected to last what, four more years? Will Sky even still be marketing Sky Q at that point or will they have moved exclusively to Glass/Stream by then, I wonder?

Advertisement