Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget Exchange Cex

Options
  • 10-05-2022 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi all. Probably the wrong forum. I was doing a clean out of the gaff and needed to get rid of a Nintendo Wii and some games. I had most of the parts for the consul and duly dropped into Cex in Nutgrove. I was told that seeing that I didn’t have a remote for the consul they would have to charge me €20 for a remote which would be deducted from the final price offered for the consul. They said they would look at the games etc and to call back on an hour. I called back and low and behold they offered me €21 for the consul minus the €20 for the remote leaving a grand total of €1. Does anybody know if these are just a bunch of chancers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

They are listing that they will buy a Wii for €21 (€30 for store credit) when you google it, so they are been consistent in what they are telling you. It also lists the sale price as €45, so its not as if they are making millions off it

Also its a console that was released 10 years ago and when it was first launched it was €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Kinda unsure what you thought a console without all it's parts was worth ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Stick it on Adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭alanbk

All very fair comments. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Would you take EUR 2 and half a Mars Bar?

• Advertisement
Advertisement