Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good barber for boys?

• 11-05-2022 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have two boys, one in secondary school the other in primary. I am in county Limerick not too far from the city.

We're somewhat stuck for a good barber. Notably, when the boys want the hair trimmed "just a bit" they get it way too short. Especially the younger one has started refusing haircuts at all because he gets cut too much and he wants longer hair.

Recommendations for barbers who would enable bos' long styles, and in general be gentle/not cut too much, would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Most modern barbers paid to do a six week course and called themselves qualified. Real barbers train for 4 years. Because of the short time modern barbers train they obviously cannot do all styles. Most can't cut longer hair. If no one comes up with a good barber then I suggest trying a unisex salon. These stylists will have had proper training in all hair lengths

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

Figaros on Bedford Row. Best barbers in Limerick without question. I’ve had similar issues with other barbers where they would scalp me when I would ask for just a tiny bit off. Haven’t gone anywhere else since I started going to Figaros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I’m no longer young but use Max’s barbers in Castletroy, they seem to do a good mix of ages from youngsters to OAP’s including students from UL & Munster Rugby players & coaching staff if the photos on the wall are anything to go by plus you can pre book a time slot which is handy, all female staff & Ive used them all with no issues, they’ll do whatever you want, from observing them they all seem very competent, my suit if out that side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭black & white

Garveys on Denmark St, I’m there every 4 weeks and they do scissors cut if requested. I’ve seen all ages getting their hair cut there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Friend of mine swears by Figaro's for her young fella! Its the only place where they know how to cut curly hair

• Advertisement

Buy your own sheers!

You'll get a set in Argos & they'll save you a fortune in hair cuts!

How much a regular haircut there mien gone up for €23 I’m not paying that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭black & white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I bet when you got scalped you still said "thats great" at the end though!!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Garveys ask for Mike the son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

Of course I did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Avoid Eric Hackett of Blades, Thomas St. Worst barber in Ireland, i'd say.

Advertisement