Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin price difference

• 12-05-2022 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all, again this morning I have noticed a difference in the quoted price of bitcoin between both binance and Coinbase apps.

I logged into both this morning, binance quote is €26600, Coinbase is €25800, I checked both within seconds of each other.

Is there any reason for the Disparity?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There is no universal price for BTC. The price on each exchange is different but usually within a few bps of each other.

The differences between some exchanges can be large tho. There used to be significant arbitrage opportunity that has dampened down since the rise of the very large exchanges. Selling into Korea could net fast and significant gains until a few years ago for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Thanks Banie !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That curly headed double barrelled name (billionaire?) fella made his first few million at that craic

Advertisement