Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jmd1234

my OOM is 600 for Dublin & 112 for Meath, first time applying. Meath would be my preference though. Just wondering if anyone could give me any insight of how it may look for me. Can I be guaranteed to be called for an interview? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

They call in batches for the e-tray depending on county size, could be 20, could be 100. Once you pass the e-tray then your called for interview. Your oom can change after e-tray as not everyone will pass (actually I might be corrected in this as your oom will stay the same but you will be called quicker if people on a lower oom fail the e-tray if that makes sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

My OOMs are 7 for Kildare and 61 for Dublin.

I'm assuming I'll definitely be progressing. Does anyone know what the next stage is?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Heidiboo

Can anybody explain what the e-tray exam is or have an example please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@laoisgem Thanks. And what exactly is an etray exam. What does it examine?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Around 1000 in Dublin in the open and under 500 in the interdepartmental.

Much better then I did in 2020 and 2018. I feel OK about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tinseldreamz

Got OOM 2 in both of my selected counties for the Open competition, shocked! For Interdepartmental I got number 1 for one of the counties and number 4 for the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ER2022

Hi all, do we know how many applied for Dublin? How many will be called from Dublin in the first batch? I got 425 OOM for Dublin and 39 for Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mathoholoic

280s OOM for Kildare what are my hopes and chances of progressing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 tinseldreamz

E-Tray I believe is a timed job simulation test so prioritising tasks, emails etc. You can find practice ones online

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

115 for offaly

Mid 200s for Westmeath

Safe to say out of the running for getting a transfer through this competition. Only just scrapped the verbal but mid 400s in the other two tests. I never do any good in the verbal. Need to put some effort into getting better at them. I thank my lucky stars I've got the EO already through 2019 competition. I've never scored anywhere near as high since.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Stranger Things

Got 450s for Dublin? What yous think

Anyone know any good sights for the verbal tests. That seems to be my big prob.

*sites

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

E-tray is a simulated job environment where you will be given tasks to complete. It's basically like working in an office. I found this one helpful when I went for EO - https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/e-tray-exercise.htm

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

From my past experience on how OOM might work in Dublin.

I was ~2000 in OOM in Dublin Stage 1 in 2018 and got called for Stage 2 about 4 months later. (absolutely bottled stage 2. This was back when eTray had to be done in the PAS office and I had a rough week and was absolutely brain fried when I did the test)

I was ~3500 in OOM in Dublin Stage 1 in 2020 and got called to stage 2 nearly 2 years later and did a interview recently I am waiting to hear back from. Obviously COVID delays played a part here so not standard.

If you are in the hundreds you are doing great. But dont worry too much if you are not. It will take longer but you will still get your shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Just1more

4 for Kerry and 7 for Cork for open streams

If we get an offer after interview do we get a choice between counties or is it just an offer from 1st preference?

If it follows the how the current panel has been done then you will be sent an expression of interest to interview for which ever of your chosen counties comes up first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cazita

My first EO competition. I got 286 for the open Dublin competition and 42 for the open Meath competition then I got 102 for the Dublin Interdepartmental competition and 22 for the Meath Interdepartmental. Can anyone tell me if I’m likely to get called for interview with those results. How long does it usually take for interviews. Also how long do they keep it open for calling down names. Could I be waiting over a year. Thanks for any info.

Post edited by Cazita on

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Hi, anyone that has been through this before, in 2020 do you know what OOM they called to etray for clare/limerick? Im just outside the top 20/50 and wondering am I in with a shot.. was in 100s/300s last time around so pleased enough with the oom, at least it is progress in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shardor18

@Belle23 I contacted PAS about Limerick last month and she said they called to 65 for Etray. I think very few were actually offered positions in Limerick from the 2020 comp. There'll surely be more this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Congratulations to all those that passed. I failed this one and passed the 2020 tests 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shardor18

@cvb03 It's so hard to judge what they are looking for especially in the situational ones. Hopefully you get through next one 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kerry86

Just got my results from the Executive Offer 2022 Open Competition. I received two sets of results one for 'Open Stream' and one for 'Interdepartmental Stream'. It says nothing about interviews or anything just that my OOM for Open Stream is 72 and for the Interdepartmental stream' its 29. It says I have reached the qualifying standard..... does this mean I will be moved to the next stage???? Are those bad numbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jmd1234

Anyone know what OOM was reached for Meath in 2020 ?

Next you will do a e-tray test. Which is a timed job simulation for stage 2. That will setup the OOM for Stage 3 / interviews. And then your score on the interview will put you on OOM for actual job placement.

I would guess you will get called for stage 2 in the next 2/3 months then another 1/3 months for interviews or longer depending on how well you do.

Even if things go well and you place high in Stage 2 and Stage 3 I would not expect to be in the job before the end of the year because PAS are moving slow with everything right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cazita

Thanks so much for that. It’s a long process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Valentine01

@mtb_sends my results:

Numerical Reasoning

Maximum Score: 800

Qualifying Score: 390

Your Score: 514

Verbal Reasoning

Qualifying Score: 390

Your Score: 422

Situational Judgement

Qualifying Score: 370

Your Score: 379

OOM:1900sh

Concentrated to numerical one and passed, but unfortunately, didint know that it didnt count to OOM. Didnt pay much attention to the situation coz i thought its easy to pass. :D oh well now i know better

Advertisement