Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Hi Folks,

I hope you are all keeping well.

Has anyone heard anything regarding movement on the Cork panel?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 popsal

Anyone heard anything from Tipp or Loaise? Is it still all Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mature cheese

Did you hear back from your appeal? Did they tell you what you failed on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ainebyrne97

Does anyone know what number on the panel they are at for interviews for Dublin Interdepartmental?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

First interviews next week for the Cork open panel.

• Advertisement

For those that did the Dublin open how long were you waiting for an email post interview. Mine is later this week so just trying to manage my expectations 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

I think it really depends on where you are in the batch, if you're at the start of the interview batch you're waiting longer. They seem to interview everyone first and then send out the feedback for everyone at the same time? Or at least that's how it looked from the previous batch. But alot of people had mentioned around two weeks I believe.

Ah yeah that's kind of what I was thinking, two weeks from the last Interview date

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcaigh97

Is anyone else experiencing long delays with the Garda vetting? Mine has been submitted two weeks ago since last Thursday and it is still in progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any way around this issue or advice?.

I would be expecting to be called for an interview at some point in the next 6 months roughly. If I was to be successful I would go back onto probation I'm sure.

This will totally derail my mortgage application even tho it would be like a promotion from my current public service role. One more thing to note is I previously done 18 months in the Civil Service a few years back as a TCO. I'm assuming though I'd be classed as a new entrant.

Has anyone been in a similar position and was there anything that could be done. The mortgage advisor was quite clear if I'm on probation it will halt the whole process.

Thanks in advance for any advice as it's a big concern even tho there's no guarantee I will even pass the interview if and when it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kirbi

I'd say it could derail approval if you were to take up the role before the house is sorted.

From your comment it seems you're in the wider public service at the moment, and would be moving into the civil service in a full-time/established capacity. Your probation would therefore be 'hire probation', where you could be let go if you didn't pass.

However, is there any harm in staying in the competition at the moment? Is it possible that things will line up right for you to do both?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jmd1234

Any movement on Meath at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Swanladyy

Any movement with Offaly or Westmeath? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mr lebowski

No harm at all. It could all fall perfect hopefully. 👍 Thanks for the feedback.

Hello! Does anyone have any idea re time frame following completion of Garda vetting to formal appointment or has anyone experienced this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Valentine01

15 weeks from submitting docs and still ongoing. I lived abroad so I guess that's delaying it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kazie84

Does anyone know what OOM PAS are at with the interdepartmental comp for Dublin?

You’ve been waiting 15 weeks for Garda vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yellow80

Hi, I am wondering if anybody has been called yet for interview for Wexford? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

no I'm placed in top 10 and have heard nothing (external)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

I also lived abroad for a year and a half. My vetting went through in just over a week during September there. I have been vetted before though, so maybe the only need to check what's happened since then? Unsure. You should definitely follow that up though, 15 weeks is very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Received first round results over two months ago now and not a dickybird. Not sure why they're wasting our time if they will only be interviewing/recruiting in Dublin and a handful of other locations. They could at least communicate something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

This the norm unfortunately. I did an open some years back that stalled completely because of the financial crash, then, 3 years later, I was called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ELK_1992

Hi - does anyone have any idea if numbers have been called for Offaly/Westmeath yet?

Also, is there e-tray or straight to interview in this competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

No E-Tray, according to those already interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Any idea what number they are up to for interviews in Dublin for External and Interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nowyousaidit

I know right? I feel your pain. !!! Really want to move on from my current section and was hopeful I would have heard something by now... looking less likely to hear something before Christmas at the current rate ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 crobo1981

Hi i was wondering for an idea of what number on OOM is the highest been called so far ? For the open stream

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

Agree with this. I have no preference between my two counties but got an expression of interest for one today. It's going to rule the other out if I express an interest.

Was it always like this? I seem to remember that you could still have both options open after the interview stage in previous competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

previously, if you chose to interview for 2n pref. you could still interview for 1st preference. I refused my 2nd choice this time round bu haven't been offered 1st pref yet.

Advertisement