Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gerdywerdy

Just a word to wise on working from home

some offices /departments are making anyone on probation attend full time until they are up to speed

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Really which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭crinkley

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭skidmarkoner

They'll struggle to get staff especially as revenue is also supposed to be shite for progression

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭crinkley

To be fair they have one of the most liberal hybrid working policies in the CS, if you want to WFH nearly all the time then revenue is where you would want to be, you just have to be out of training. I'm sure there are annomolies like in every dept but I know recent recruits had to do 6 months in the office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

I would disagree. I know people in revenue who went from CO to AP in 10 years or less. It's all down to where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The_Taxman

Crazy inaccurate statement

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Hi all,

Would anyone know how far they have got with the Cork panel Interdepartmental or Open?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Can also confirm that DSP and Revenue are full time for at least the first six months. Since it's only been launched, it's hard to know if you have to wait for an annual form to apply or if you can just transition to WFH/Hybrid when you hit six months. I know one departments applications for WFH finished a month ago, so it's unsure if they'll open again before this time next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gerdywerdy

I have only heard anecdotally so may not be 100% accurate. Some DSPS offices as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Any news on Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 roxanne1

Any word on Internal EO competition, I had my first and second interview and have been placed on the EO panel, there was alot of movement from the panel in my location but all of a suddenly nothing is happening why and how does this happen just when its getting close to my no. My location is DSP Sligo. In the meantime the second batch of interviews have started, anyone in the same boat or any advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

They're not gonna pause interviews etc just because all first round people haven't been assigned a role.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shardor18

You could email and ask where they are at for assignments. At least it'd give you an idea how many, if any, are in front if you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dot786

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows where they are with Dublin interdepartmental? I'm in the mid 300s OOM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Just1more

Just got interview results email for Cork batch 1. I got OOM 4, I'm over the moon. We have to wait for another date to find out which department we've been assigned to and go through any further screening like references and vetting if required.

Thanks to everyone posting tips and info on this thread, it's been a huge help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ox?gen

I just got an email with results from the Mayo interview. I feel stupid asking since I'm more used to local authority panels, but it's my OOM my place on the panel i.e. I'm the only person with that number or is it likely that other people who interviewed that got the same score as me could also have the same OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

Your OOM is your place on the panel. So if you're Batch 1, OOM5 then there are 4 people ahead of you in Batch 1.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Would wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. People including myself have jumped 2 or 3 grades in less than 4 years in Revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Just1more

It's a list, no two people have the same OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

Congratulations! With any luck you won't be waiting long.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ox?gen

Thanks for your help!

No sign of a job yet, they're not sure of the vacancies according to the email. Is this normal?

The precise number of vacancies to be filled from this competition is not yet confirmed. Should your place on the order of merit be reached, we will commence a clearance process before offering you an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keego-22

Just received my results and I didn't pass. Absolutely devastated considering I used all the examples I used when I passed last year (that one fell through during verification stage due to eligibility issues). Anyone know if there's any point appealing? Thanks in advance and congrats to those who passed! (Definitely not jealous!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KJG88

Batch 2 results for Dublin open just arrived too! So happy the wait is over 🥳 Congratulations to everyone who will be moving forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 generallyjack

Would you say that there are advantages to moving departments over asking to stay, if possible, upon promotion? I’m thinking terms of skills development and potential further advancement in time. I like where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kerrylad91

Sorry to hear that. Don't worry you're chance will come. Can I ask what were the issues with you're eligibility last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keego-22

Cheers! Didn't have the basic requirements. I was 3 weeks off the 2 years for Interdepartmental at the time of application so was hoping they'd turn a blind eye, but understandably and unfortunately not!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 River22

Placed OOM 22 for Dublin Inter panel batch 2. Delighted 😄

• Advertisement

Advertisement