Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

I interviewed on Jan 11th. Got the results on the 27th, PAS contacted my line manager Thursday and I was given my new department yesterday. As soon as I got any correspondence, I replied immediately. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enright3197

Thank you! I got through and they’re still on 39 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 zeldamayo

Hello, would anyone who got a position on the external panel mind giving a timeframe for Garda clearance, references being contacted and getting job offer please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Finglebe

Hi Everyone and congratulations to everyone that got through! I’m 53rd in batch 7 - open stream. Started the clearance process on Friday, never had any experience of the civil service panels and was surprised to be called for an interview after the dreaded aptitude tests so can someone advise if this means that I may be close to getting a place? Many thanks and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Yep! You won't be waiting long based on previous posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

My assumption is once you get garda clearance then the official job offer is not far behind.

When I came in as a CO garda clearance took about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kazie84

Can I ask did they contact you to start the clearance process.

Wow that is fast. Am I right in saying you got interview results on Thursday and clearance started on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Babatunde

Postponing offer:

Hello all, got notification today of potential location and request for garda vetting and references.

I'm on maternity leave, and need to request deferral.

If granted, am I put back on panel for another position to potentially come up or would this position be held for me (september)?

Do I email clearance now to ask for deferral or should I proceed with vetting/references and then when contacted again, ask for deferral?

Terrible timing, this took so long to get to this stage and would be a shame to lose the position 😔

Thanks for any input

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Finglebe

Yes, that’s exactly it. Thought it was pretty fast also but then again, I’ve no experience of any of this so I’m just going with the flow! Now I’m wondering how long does this stage last, it’s all a bit of a guessing game!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't imagine you'll be waiting much longer. Garda clearance will be quick enough

Might be worth contacting PAS and asking them before getting onto clearance.

Are you in batch 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Babatunde

@rsl1976 Thanks

I'm in Clare, batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

They are just checking my eligibility at this stage. Not references or Garda check yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ivy123456

What’s documents do you supply for eligibility pls

Education related. They will tell you what they want. It's related to whatever box you ticked on your application form.

They will come back and tell you if they want more evidence. It's related to how you think you are eligible. See the JD. For some people that is Leaving Cert results plus more than 2 yrs employment in Civil Service evidence. You must have reviewed this before you applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've maybe heard of 1 in 100 people who end up moving with mobility - takes years, could be years there when you won't even move up the line. Most just apply for a new panel and choose new location and hope for the best that way. Mobility is a joke IMO.

• Advertisement

@shmeee

Tbh that has not been my experience. I am on mobility myself but was ineligible due to 2 year rule. I am now in the top ten for all departments.

A lot of my colleagues in previous department and new are getting offers on mobility.

I've seen 20 moves over the last year of people I know but have heard of others been offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mrsec

If you get asked to state your location preferences for your chosen county does this mean an offer will soon follow??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭shmeee

More than likely location based so in counties I'm referring too. Zero movement over 3/4 year period.

And in them location's, faster applying for new panel. I know plenty of people who applied and selected new area and moved in 2/3 years.

As you said, some counties - the movement must be faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

I would imagine so? I don't know for sure though, just assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ivy123456

Yes it was just the documents needed like college parchment or is it results etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lollipops89

Hiya! Did you get any more info on special purpose level 7 eligibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭apkmbarry

Check the booklet and it gives you the four options, I had a Level 8, so I submitted my academic transcript showing my individual module and overall degree grade. I think the booklet is at the start of the thread, you could check the other options there, I know LC and 2years service are another option, can't remember the fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LousClues

Hi - I have an interview for internal EO.

Can you give give me any advice/tips? I’m Very nervous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TY76

Hi,

There is a very good thread on boards that covers this, called

The Questions You Might Get Asked at EO/HEO Thread for the Civil Service.

Know your CV, they will ask about it.

Read the competencies, and prepare examples for each one. Two at least.

Use STAR method.

There will be around 40 questions in 45 minutes.

Listen to each question, and answer the question. Don't rush answers. Think.

Read the Civil Service renewal plan for 2030. If they don't ask, make a reference to it. For brownie points.

Prepare a personal statement for why you are the person for the job.

Prep well in advance, don't cram at last minute. Try to relax.

The two who interviewed me were pleasant, so relax and just do your best.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 paula876

Good morning. Does anybody know what Batch number and oom they are at where people have been offered actual positions for Interdepartmental in Dublin. Thanks

Advertisement