Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

1878889909193»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 annbkeane

Thanks @Guffy

I assume there is a position but nothing offered as of yet. I’m just taken aback because am I to say to current employer whom been with for years that I’m leaving but don’t know when or where I’m going. I’m going to email again tomorrow and try and see if there’s definitely an offer coming.

thanks for the reply @MaryKaye79 I have given referee details that’s not a problem it’s the fact they want to contact my current employer but I haven’t been offered a job yet. I’m just flabbergasted by it to be honest. Maybe an offer will come this week and if it did then no problem. But the chap who has been replying to me has said they need to reference first. Was just wondering if this was what others had experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

there won’t be any official offer until you have passed clearance - you could ask what position you’re under consideration for I.e what department, they might be able to tell you that informally

Thanks @Pamelabeasley . I'm new to all this and find it so bizzare that I wouldn't know what/if I'm being offered a position, where, when etc. Obviously very different to the private sector. I've been trying to get talking to someone, but its quite difficult, the email replies I'm getting are just saying I need to do this in order to proceed, but they don't have any details of job offer. Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement