Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 12th May 2022

Options
  • 12-05-2022 10:56am

7.10 Newmarket

AIMERIC evs

Comments

1.00 Salisbury

DIAMOND COTTAGE 6/1 ew

This app race will probably go to one racing from the front. Diamond Cottage has as good a chance as any in this regard. Crystal Casque come 2nd in this three years ago and is into 5s. The topweight and 13/8 fav Fangorn is not for me under race conditions,

g'luck :)

8.25 Clonmel

TRISHKNOWSBEST 20/1 small e/w at a shorter price than was available earlier - wasn't in t'door early enough 😓 A bit tenuous, but has a squeak if can try make all - like in the last of her three PtP's, when she tried to make all, was well ahead at halfway, and collared 4 out before being pu. I guess this is the angle most folks are taking here.

DORSET LADY has also got some small e/w coin on her; is pretty consistent in bumpers on good ground - is experienced anyway.

Churchtown Lady ~ 5s shouldn't be far away, but is of no real interest. Very hard to be enthusiastic about Mullins' Saylavee @ 11/10. I'd be almost tempted to back (mebbe i will) Churchtown Lady at what looks decent odds, but it'll be her 4th run,, think she'll like the good ground, but a hold-up ride (like the last twice) likely won't do her hopes much good - needs to be mid-div or close uo to the pace I feel; maybe she'll do exactly that...

Ok, I've convinced myself 😁 - will tip back down in a bit and have a lil win on Declan Queally's filly, who has a different amateur up today - young Harriet Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Me York Thread is a shítshow 😏 😒

In the 1.50 I've laid Alligator Alley & Digital for 4-places @ around 5/4 and 6/5 respectively. Got to take an opinion on these things in order to get the amusement out of this game 😊

It's like there's plenty (lurkers and naysayers) that only want to come on and scoff and ridicule other's bets/opinions/volume of bets. Almost as if they expect a perfectly reasoned argument as to why each and every pick/selection is of merit 😒

Makes some consider not posting anymore 😃 😴

Anyway, for those about to punt (or have already) , or will punt some more, Best of Luck all 🤣

The money was right on Crystal Casque (did drift on the show to a nice price for anyone who liked that, albeit 3yrs ago, run, in the context of today's race) leffesem - will call that a 'reasonable shout' 😛

good call on your not liking the favourite there too, in that Salisbury opener 🙂 😊

Went for the (early) 5/1 fav (now 2nd behind Digital) RAASEL in the opener at the Knavesmire track 1.50 York - hope we're both lucky there !

Alice Haynes on fire lately. Very good new trainer she is. She's just had another winner at Salisbury there; that's 5 winners and 8 placers from her last 24 runners ! She had Amasova as well in yesterday's ("conkers done" 😁) very tricky to solve 5.30 Bath race. I gave that a right good look, and Amasova was one I had down as "can't win" 😆

• Advertisement

WD to Jack Duern on Fine Wine. Raasel a distant second 😪. I could not have had that (massively gambled on) Fine Wine on his overall form.

Ah well, on we go 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Will take a chance on the drifting BULLEIT (0nly 6 runners, just two places) 6/1 e/w in 7.45 Newmarket; we'll hope he stays the extra 2furlongs going from AW to turf 🙏

😁 😂 100% - u is funny j@u - no way , no how 'a hundred percent' - 70% , and dat's good enuf for ole leff, who aint too gone on shorties, but I don't wanna not back him, and then see that he hosed up by 6 lengths,, What does he have to beat?? the raced ones don't have a lotta form; and if AIMERIC can get his act together and break decent, then he'll deffo be bang there in 7.10 Nemmarket ! Came a good 2nd over 50yds (all of 50 yards!!) further lto, on his first run, at Nottingham,, race was ran in a fast time on slightly better than good (going is down as good) ground. Might even back him again 😄

In that same race SOULCOMBE ~ 80/1 is definitely of interest - ran okay (for a while) on his first ever run over seven at the course last October. At the prices, will draw a line through his comeback run last month at Leicester - absence/slowly away couldn't have helped,, will trust he's of some ability. A small e/w on him.. might even see what the betting w/o is like too 😁

The others that have had runs; I'm not liking them at all, and I can't have the newcomers (no form obvs 😂) .. if Warren Point ~ 11/10 is too good, then so be it 😢

good luck to ya if you 'believe' j@u, and good luck if ya wanna keep yer powder dry on that partikklar beast :D

Dante 3.35 York

Should give a good account - have gone win on DESERT CROWN, at just over 4/1 on exchanges

good luck

• Advertisement

100% convincing thought 😂 let's go for it.

Am "proud" to have backed the winner of a 'proper race' 😁

'Knowledgeability' = #confirmed 😁 ✔️

I guess we're all aboard for the AIMERIC 'coup' 😂

Congrats! 4/1 I'd take without a complaint.

I'm on the way to Belfast for a weekend away, so I'll be relying on you two for the tips for the next couple of days 😊

The Garden County's loss is Antrim's gain 😁 Am jealous of Belfast me 😂

just cos you're off on a 'jolly' j@u; don't mean you can completely shirk your studies female 🤗 !!

this gallivantin' and expectating winners has me torn 🤩 anyroad, enjoy your trip j@u :D:D ,, thoroughly dee zerr ved (as them what speak proper wouldst elocute 😛) 🤣🤣

WD on that Dante winner KR - a credit to me thread 👏

On the boats and on the planes, they're puntin on AIMERIC 😁 Some say it's a poor comedian what laughs at his own jokes; i'd have to disagree; if yer own jokes/gags/wisecracks don't derive self-mirth, how can one expect chortlerage from others, or, at very least, and dare i say it; no small amount of titteraging from said audience - be it irl or ont web, the sentiment stands,,,, imo 😃

Am cracking meself up here - beats studying/working any day ! and, on that bombshell, i have to say "i'm all studied out for 2day!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

This forum is an absolute joke.

Creative writing forums are elsewhere on this site.

Sad demise of a one quality site, and I'd nearly want the Goat back at this stage.

ta for that - gave me a good laugh mir! helping keeping up our spirits with comedy 😊 'sall good

.... now hopefully this eve will bring more winners for thread 🙋

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Its pathetic.

Can clearly see its the same sad person , replying to himself .

In the Clonmel 7.20 I see there's plenty of interest in a few horses here; not least He's Leading Me On & Sulafaat, who have both seriously shortened.

I'm not liking them, and the two favs, Search For A Myth 7/4 and Strong Roots 4/1, look nailed-on for a tilt at a speculative plce-lay.

Meanwhile, a few I like for a little e/w coin are BONNE DEBUT 12/1 , REBEL RULER 20/1 & the reserve SHANNON GREY 16/1

too much agg on here,, that's enough for me for today,, was a fun thread for a while there ☹️

good luck folks, enjoy the hols @ j@utis ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Almeric unplaced.

The only comedy in here is the standard of tipping.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Advertisement

Yeah when you see them drifting shorties it's not a good sign... I can only add to after timing brag that I had winner earlier (Reel Rose 5:25Nwmkt) that covered my loses on Almeric.

I'm lucky to have broadband connection up the North but browsing racecards on smartphone is a joke.

Advertisement