Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pdh LTV change

• 12-05-2022 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I was redoing my home insurance and checked my mortgage.

I discovered my LTV has been below 50% for some years now, I have 2 questions.

Should the bank notify me if lower LTV rates are available like they do time to time with fixed rate offers?

When did pdh become a thing or has it always been there as I don't see it mentioned on some of my old statements.

Thank you

Comments

For most banks, if you want a lower LTV rate it's up to you to get a revaluation to prove it, since value can change over time. There are some exceptions.

I got mine revalued and I think the report was only valid for 6 months, so if I'd wanted a lower LTV recognised in 6 month's time, it's up to me to get a new revaluation to prove it.

Banks do have to let you know what rates are available, but I dont think they've any obligation to monitor your LTV.

Advertisement