Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get tenant to leave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Tenants would have some job getting a penny of me is all I could say.

Paying tenants to leave your property is that how bad it's become now in Ireland? Christ above.

What would happen in other countries if they wouldn't leave out of curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

What's illegal about coming to the door and asking them to please leave or else

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The “or else”. It would be an illegal eviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The "or else"

Do not post on this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Ginger83

It wouldn't be the tenant that would have to worry about getting paid.

They would send the sheriff who you would have the privilege of paying for also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭amacca

I believe in fair play and that is not fair play.....someone does that to me I think long and hard about ways to inconvenience them ....but because they've taken up my time getting them to leave as agreed then I'll be adding on my hourly rate + interest + additional hardship charges........and I **** will be getting my pound of flesh even if I have to cut my nose off to spite my face.

Literally **** em..

I've never in my life not abided by an agreement...if you do something like remain somewhere especially when you've been shown alternatives and after been given the required notice you are scum afaic...(never mind the fact there was an agreement and its simply not your place)

No wonder private landlords want to sell up, I take it as complete breakdown in civilised society that the system could be so skewed in favour of one side of an agreement and as far as I'd be concerned most bets are off regarding what might be on the table dealing with assholes playing the system at my expense. And the system inevitably will incentivise that kind of outlook. An awful lot of laws and consequences seem to be only a deterrant for the generally reasonable law abiding people but there's a turning point for that too.

At so many levels of society now there is dysfunction due to the easy way out and **** all consequences for scumbag behaviour beyond the inevitable natural ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

How common is this type of behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I don’t understand that. But then again I look at all the votes that SF get - sense of entitlement to houses.

A thread on here recently even showed that a local authority told one of their tenants not to leave private accommodation after adequate notice expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭airy fairy

It's a well known fact that Threshold will advise tenants to overhold in properties and to not pay rent. To push LL to the limit as the system takes so long to evict, it will benefit the tenant financially. RTB are only a Mickey mouse group to prolong the inevitable, supposed to be non bias but clearly sways towards the tenant and has no real legal standing anyway, it serves no real purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

There should be a national database linked to your PPS number.

If you have had a non payment or decision against you for a rental property it would be there for public consumption and leave you black listed from EVER getting a private rental property again.

That might give these parasites something to ponder before they act the cünt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,538 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No country protects rogue tenants more than this one, it's unconscionable

You’d almost think the Government doesn’t want landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

It's a gift not income 😜

And probably not too many countries support residential property owners, both directly and indirectly, like this one does.

It's unconscionable.

I'd personally love for the government to remove all supports, both direct and indirect and just let the market land where it does. No more rent supplement subsidising landlords or bidding up houses to purchase them for social tenants. That would be even writing off the measures brought in after the last crash to soften the landing of the market as much as they could.

I know I’m going to regret this, but how do the government support home owners?

Edit: you added another paragraph to your post, sorry I engaged.

So what is your position? You don't believe that the state injects massive money into the property market? Or is it that you don't believe that injecting that money into the market increases rental levels and property prices, and hence asset values, for property owners?

Which is it? I have to know what I'm working with here. Do you have a logical position on the point or are you just someone sticking their fingers in their ears going "nah nah nah na na na"?

The property market crashed over a decade ago. The State assumed many debts and bad assets from the banks rather than letting them all hit the market at the same time. It also implemented measures to protect property owners? Were you not aware of that??????????? That was a massive subsidy from the state to property owners.

I always have to laugh at the peopel moaning about the tenants not paying and pretending they are "stealing". They're not stealing. If you are a "landlord" then you are running a business and you have to be able to manage risk. Rule 101 of managing risk is not to put all your eggs into one basket.

CSO data from 2019 showed over 180k persons were reliant on HAP/rent supplement, a figure that has no doubt increased since then. I bet when you were typing your earlier post you thought only about home owners being subsidised and gave no thought to the implications for those people if the supplements were removed.

The tenant receives the subsidy, not the service provider.

Your post is complete waffle.

• Advertisement

Hmmm.

So if the government removed all subsidies and exited anything to do with the private market, you think that there would be no impact on prices?

You might want to start reading up some basic economics. I think your definition of "waffle" just means a simple concept that you can't grasp.

The subsidy entirely benefits the property owner. And benefits other property owners indirectly by propping up the market artificially.

I think it is short sighted to think that would be the most important impact of removing rent supplement from 200k+ people.

Im mad with myself for engaging with you.

So how do you think your own income and property value would be affected if it did happen? You surely have to recognise that if that tap was cut off, there'd be a large chunk of the population who simply wouldn't be able to pay their current levels of rent. And there wouldn't be enough "full paying" people out there waiting in the wings to step in and take over. So those landlords have to come to an arrangement with them based on what they can pay. With rental returns down, you can bet that property prices would soon follow. That would be magnified by removing State buying from the property market.

Now, I'm not proposing that this could, or should, happen tomorrow or anytime soon. I am merely using it to explain to the whingers who moan about the State without recognising that they receive huge benefit, even if it is indirect, from the State. So don't be moaning so much if the same State puts in a few rules that you think are "unfair" to you.

If they did do it tonight, there would still be the same number of properties and the same number of people in the country tomorrow morning.

But while this advice from Threshold may be benefitting a small number of tenants they cannot or don't want to see the long term damage this is contributing to the rental market as landlords sell up.

I’m inheriting property - I’ve seen a number of these threads on boards.ie these last number of years and this particular one is just so depressing. - unless the government protects small private landlords more, I’ll never rent out the property that I’m inheriting.

There needs to be some sort of government under writing scheme in place - pay the landlord then hit the tenant with interest and penalties- make it a crime to overstay your lease- in some states in America, the sherif arrives, with his gun, to make sure you leave.

And at 50c in the euro tax, the investment isn’t commensurate with the risk of renting your property- do away with the tax on one property landlord single rented properties and I’d stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Flagged.

What would you do if the tenant had a pair too and was up for fist fight with you or his crowd vs your crowd?

No it's not. Provide proof or stop tarnishing the reputation of a legitimate organisation.

That's fine. But if you want a risk free income, you need to be happy with risk free rates of return. So currently about zero percent. i.e. the income from letting out your property should just be enough to maintain it in its current state

Income is income and has to be taxed. If it's not worth it for you, then you can sell the property if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭rightmove

problem is there is no consequences for them. The loser here is the LL at the start and the tenants at the end. Populist politics seems to suit the tenant but its really only delaying winter for them. There needs to be political will to get anything done but for most on here the horse has bolted and everyone is out or getting out. My tenant stopped paying in the end even though it was ages to get them out and the rent was about 40% below. They were also getting gov support and had moved out and sub let the place

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement