Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way to obtain Grant of Probate ref

• 12-05-2022 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for the Probate for my Uncle James Burke's will. James died in September 1983 in Tuam, Galway. I have looked on the National Archives website, but there seem to be hundreds of James Burke's and there is no way of refining the search to include those only in Galway, and who died within a certain period. Is there an easier way of doing this search. James' will was the subject of protracted legal cases by his two sisters - also now deceased - so I don't know if this would have impacted the date of grand of Probate.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If there were legal cases, I would start with the newspapers for the period. Depending what the case involved, it's very likely to have delayed the grant.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Is this your James Burke? You can search for probate details athttps://www.courts.ie/probate-register-online

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Hi! Kildarefan, no it's not my James Burke - he died in September 1983 in Tuam, but thanks for link to court.is/probate-register-online. That's really helpful!

Advertisement