Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

Raining in SY (Sunny Y'mouth 😃) 😊great to see rain in Blighty ; fink it elps me picks, if me 'members correctly, when selectin' em :)

all meets concerned is Epsom nd Newbury (eve meets, so plenty of time for groond tae git sohft 😁), and dey in same/ish vicinity o t'UK - SE bottom right half of England 🤣 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

my tipp pot is down but I have an e/w bet onCelestialhorizon in the 610, cmon lukemyson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Pity that :( just saw result,, 2nd + 3rd , GL was in front too near enough finish 😢

still, must be happy enuf with result, tho sadly tempereraired 😂 by no BPG/BOG ,,,

,,, better than nite tho ta j@u :D 😊

Unlucky with Self Praise @ Epsom there Konny - ya must be sickened 😒 backed into 2/5, and then.... downhill,,, colliding and losing several lengths; making up all that ground 🤗,, surely a bummer a'ight :(

no joy in last two races me - lucky there's no more 🤣

• Advertisement

4.38 Sandown - Good(Good to Firm in places)

Going is good o'er there; thought the bit of rain y'day afternoon/eve would change going descriptions for last evening's meets, but there was no soft at all in either Epsom or Newbury's Going.

Tricky race this - even if going don't change,,

High Wells is 11/4 2nd fav, a lto winner over CD, and twice a CD winner, but I think this is a better Cl4 compared to the one he won ~3wks ago , so i'll swerve Fergal O'Brien's here

FOX VARDY 6/1 ew Came third over ~1f shorter in May at Lingfield on turf on Good to Firm; that were first run for new trainer, and after absence,, will overlook his latest run as was on soft going at Goodwood,, am hoping 1m 6f on a stiffish track will see him to good effect,,

SARATOGA GOLD 9/2 ew Goes well on top of the ground at trips of 1.5m and further; will likely want no rain/any soft in ground,, has seen support.

Happy the 5/2 fav hasn't convinced me that he can win a mile and three quarter race on top of the ground,, if it was soft ground, I think MJ's horse would go very close here, but it aint,, looks to me to be about a 4/1-9/2 shot to win here,,, think about a plce-lay @ ~evs

Duke Of Verona 9/2 is another who's unlikely to be troubling the judge in this race, i feel,, chance a 3-plce lay @ ~4/5

have backed the ew picks and will wait to see if us plce/3-plce lays get matched

:)

Sat 2nd July 2022

Not much interest in studying today; and, on top of that, the 'precariousness' (imo😃) of t'going(s) at meets on both (but mainly across, as we don't really fancy Irish racing at best of times) sides of pond don't help much with motivation,,

have had a look at a few tomorrow,, the Eclipse - which is tough to solve,, French horse is jolly and no reason why shouldn't act on good/good to firm,, the Guineas 2nd also has a squeak if staying 1m 2f; too hard ats, nd don't care much at all about backing [or being able to say "i backed winner"] in big/group races just for sake of it - I'm a degenerate, not a shrewdie :)

decided to have an opinion on one in t'north o' England,,

#6.20 Carlisle - Good - good to firm in plcs

Lakota Blue is 10/11 paper fav,, has had three runs,, well beaten in first, a decent 2nd in his 2nd race (at Haydock, but on good to soft going) , and was deemed good enough to tackle a Group 2 at Ascot lto; 2yr old came 9th of 17 that day,,, if *going is same tomorrow, and he's at or around same price, then he's surely a place-lay potential here, and definitely a lay for win,, Even if going eases a tad, he's still worth a look vis a vis lay/plce-lay(s)

*ya'd miss the underline option what boards.ie used tae have, but say la vee 🤣

2 ew pokes:

BRAVEHEART BOY 5/1 has had one run and that were a good second at Redcar over a slightly shorter trip than 2moro's (about ~35yds shorter - not that it makes a lotta diff, but, at these sprint trips, mebbe it does 😃) ,, assuming good ground/going, and, with even marginal improvement, Tim Easterby's colt should go v well here,, will hope/expect he breaks better tomorrow than he did on his debut

SPIRIT IN MY SOUL 12/1 it were a promising first time out run when she came fifth at Carlisle over the minimum (the 'bare five' , as opposed to tomorrow's 5f 182yds) when he was still running/staying on at the end of proceedings,, appeals more than the others who are close to top of betting that have had a run, ie Monty Man 6/1 (not so sure on breeding; plus he seemed to not stay 5fs on his sole outing, so ~ 6fs is a '?' at the very least) and MJ's Beach Breeze 10/1,, BB has had two races over five furlongs, with them both on soft/softish going,, tried to lead in both, but weakened in last furlong,, deffo has enough question marks,,,

t'jolly is well short [tho he may possibly be 'anything' as they say - doubt it meself] , but a lot can change - jolly could drift/ground might change [likely will more's the pity:( ] etc,, all being equal tho 2moro, nd i'd be happy to go win lay on jolly (mebbe 2 & 3, plus possibly 4plce-lays as well) as well as backing me two picks each way,,,

,,,,, unlikely i'll wait til tomorrow though 😁 will look at the going/goings on at meets 2day etc, and if i feel t'ground be copacetic pour demain, then me'll do all picks this eve 😋 🤩 🤩

#rain is expected tho, and with Carlisle practically being in Scotland, tis very likely imo we be seeing some soft sooner or later there, so will not be too disappointed if that's the case,,, just ''abort mission" - if it aint too late 😃 Hope the rain does come today just so i can forget about it altogether 😆 ,,,, hastagnotreally 🤗

1.00 Donny

very quick look:

EMILY POST 5/2 win , [the drifting]NIKKI'S GIRL 17/2 in places ew

gl

1.50 Sandown

going on clock, they should not see which way ROCKET RODNEY NB ~ evs, 10/11 gen goes here,, have backed on exchnge @ ~ 6/5 to win

6 horse race, but can't rule out REMARKABLE FORCE (on his first two runs - forget the third as was over 6fs) ew here @ 15/2

good luk

Alethiometer wins at Donny - wouldn't have backed

#jockey on Nikki's Girl didn't try too hard (hence the drift i reckon 😒) ; came very (too) late and only managed a tenderly handled 4th,,

Emily Post tried make all, so that didn't help much for her cause - won't forget her tho 🤣

#fkpunting - think i'll leave it off for a bit

• Advertisement

^^

upon reflection i think i get paid for 4th position on NG, so not a complete washout there,, pity there weren't a better pace on for to help Emily- would have known that (p'raps 🙂) if i spent 48mins or so studying race, instead of jus looking at top 3/4 in betting 😃 - that's punting tho 😃 😴

^^^

more on that Doncaster race

Some bloke called Jamie (not Jamie Lynch) was just on SSR - think he's with t'tote,,, he sez Emily Post not placing took out about half the placepots 😮 from t'reckoning at Donny - dat's racing :( no odds to me as far as p'pots go, but it just goes to show that this game is HARD!

think i'll watch tennis or go for a walk - mebbe wait til 1.50 race first 😊

1.35 Donny

open race this ,, RON O 15/2 is too big to not back each way,, is drifting tho, so that's a slight worry,, is in form, as won over an almost identical trip lto at Redcar,, a lot of these haven't much winning form over a mile, so a lot i ruled out that way,,

gl

Stone last Ron O - don't know why these horses drift as much as they do; mebbe the trainer tells bookies they haven't eaten up in the morning, or somesuch 😏 fkit anyway ! can't not back em tho - sometimes t'drifters (what have form) go on to win, but not today - someone KNEW 😒

1.50 Sandown

going on clock, they should not see which way ROCKET RODNEY NB ~ evs, 10/11 gen goes here,, have backed on exchnge @ ~ 6/5 to win

😁

a veritable procession! - RR wins by ~2 1/2lgths easing up at evs - was 6/5 for a while on show too 😊

no joy with ew on Remarkable Force - never got into it really, and finishes 5th (i think) or thereabouts

we'll tek win on shorty tho :))

#thnx4clox 😂

ended up breaking even/slight profit in that Sandown 4,38 race - no joy with ew pix, but decided to also lay the MJ horse for three plcs as well.

5.33 Haydock

Wide open race this with many stepping up to 10fs here,,

pen landed on

HA LONG BAY 15/2 1pt ew , DRILL TO DREAM 8/1 1pt ew and a speculative 1/2pt ew on Whitaker's TIBERIO FORCE 40/1

'favourables' to TYPICAL WOMAN 3/1 & DAL MALLART 9/1 , but aint backing them,, think Dal Mallart would go v well if ground was deffo soft (mebbe it is) as going description, ahead of first race, is Good to Soft - hope it stays that way,,

might chance plce-lay on t'Beckett 11/4 jolly Quavering, on his 1st run in hcap + after a significant absence

Gl

EDIT TW were 9s and Dal Mallart 3s - put em in at wrong prices - pity i didn't back em tho 😃,, 9/2 , Nine ta flippin two Dal Mallart wins at - easy as !😢 sometimes big/biggish drifters do oblige 🙂

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

HA LONG BAY 15/2 1pt ew , DRILL TO DREAM 8/1 1pt ew and a speculative 1/2pt ew on Whitaker's TIBERIO FORCE 40/1

Not even a place :(

might chance plce-lay on t'Beckett 11/4 jolly Quavering, on his 1st run in hcap + after a significant absence

at least plce-lay bet lands - that's summit

enough puntin 4today

4.05 Beverley

2 against the field, each way on both

CASILLI 15/2 , GOLDEN MELODY 15/2

My Silent Song looks fair short at 4/1.. Very hard to make a solid case for the 9/4 fav Serenity on her overall form,, picks are a fair price and i hope one of them can run a big race,, not convinced on Serenity's claims - track/trip/layoff etc,, might even need further on breeding,, 3-plce lay @ ~ 5/8

g'luck

8.10 Bellewstown

A hopeful one on FERDINAND STAR 80/1 ew here,, came 5th lto chasing the pace,, that was on good ground and a change of recent tactics,, was not a great race and soft ground may not suit, but is worth a punt here nonetheless

Uncle Phil evens may be worth a place and a 2-plce lay here, as i think Walk In The Park's want better ground,, have tried going ~4/11 for 3 places & ~1/2 for the two,,

gl

^^^^^^^

Uncle Phil looks most likely on form, and i don't know what beats him - hope it's the ground 🤣; can't give any of the other single figured odds ones live claims here,,, Uncle Phil might look short enuf, but could go off even shorter yet imo,,, not for me ats and will hope he's out the frame 'ere

• Advertisement

Hope ground also beats Silmaniya 8/11 in 1,25 Naas - have laid for 2, 3 & 4 places

2nd - no joy there

I think Coco Jack ~4/5 is vulnerable in 2.18 Weth on a/c of a not so great run lto (pretty good, but 4/5 good?? ) , nd the books wanna mek sum coin ,,

,, small lay on GFP - have looked at nowt else 😂

fav wins - no joy :(

enuf puntin fo' t'nonce

Gl all what's puntin 2day :)

4:25 Haydock - Titan Rock 9/1, second run after wind op, handy draw appearantly.

5:20 Sandown - Shamlaan 5/1, remember the story about Hughie ATR tipping runners from my notebook? that's the case again today. I didn't look too much into it, just go with the flowww...

ta jou 😊 great to get one - in profit for t'day anyroad 😊

will have a luuk at urs nd Hughie's Shamlaan ta 🤣

done SHAMLAAN ew along with Hughesie's NELSON GAYE for 5.20 S'down, Nelson Gaye has showed a bit of improvement in his last two runs,, didn't win, but they were over 6fs and the horse seemed to settle better, at least, than in a few o' his previous races,, third last run was over 5f and he came 4th there at Epsom..

...needs to put it together today, but not w/o here a squeak mefeels 😋

• Advertisement

No luck with that one. I don't have any energy left today to look for more (busy day at work).

Advertisement