Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Money's back on Shamlaan 3rd, that's about it.

My notebook suggests Bibulous in 7pm Notty but I have no strong feelings about that one, so no bet.

7.00 Nott DEFINITIVE FORCE 14s,, will go ew here

Helvetique improved considerably when winning lto,,, has a lot of weight tho and will chance a place lay @ ~4/5 nd 4 plce-lay @ ~2/5

Strange race. I'll keep that one in the notebook till the next time, got forever to get going, 3rd.

All adorable Internationalangel is back in action in 3:20 Chelmsford tomorrow. Opposition is quite strong and with many uncertainties surrounding them. Not sure if I'm gonna back her or not but I'll be watching with great interest.

have done INTERNATIONAL ANGEL 5/2 3.20 Chelly who's undefeated over C&D, but is up in grade here today

&

DELBOY TROTTER 1.50 MR @ 7/5 ,, looks a few ticks too big here - rate him a 5/4 shot me.. won his last two, both over CD, with the same jock on board..

singles + ew dble

gl

• Advertisement

Hughie ATR is on the Internationalangel too (-15% of the price gone), let's get on regardless.

Delboy Trotter 4th :(

Too far back most of race - was 10/10+ lgths off the lead most of race,, 5/6f out, or so, 1 or 2 had stolen a bit of a march on the chasing bunch - still Brogan keeps his mount out the back until ~2out; made a bit of a move then - when almost too late 😴 any mistake at all and there were zero chance of DT winning 😒 not fluent at 2nd last - was pretty much all she wrote; race was ran in slow enuf time too, and about 9secs slower than the horse's lto CD victory under exact same conditions - horse did have more weight today, but still, i think he should have done better,,

thoughts - Brogan is a 'crook' (have thought that for a while) and another 'young jockey' , but this time on the flat; Darragh Keenan would be simiar imo,, esp when one considers the outfits they ride a lot for: Brogan - Haslam/J O'Neill ('gambling' stables) , and Keenan (D Evans)

Still an all, i wouldn't have backed the winner (Mac Suibhne) even if i spent 1 1/2hrs looking at race (tho a place would've been ok ish 😋 ) ,,, just looked at jolly nd figured his previous would seen him bang there 🤗

fk horsey puntin ,, watch t'GAA nd Wimbledon instead, and see how IA goes for J C-h @ 3.20 Chelmsford

doubt i'll look at any more for 2day,,

#hate putting up shorties (that end up losing) 😓

there be other days 😊

🤣

no joy in 3.20 (didn't see it) , as International Angel ended up nowhere :( ,,, wasn't even in top 4 - stone last i think 😃

a sign to give up 🤣

Shocking shocking! Reluctant from the gates, always in rear... Not her day.

4:30 Chelly - Punda Maria 2/1 to save the day 😅

• Advertisement

4.30 Chelly

was tempted out of retirement when i saw yer post j@u 😂

not so sure about PM (tho i hope she gives a v good a/c for ms j@utis 😊) , and nt so sure about any o' t'rest ov 'em either,,

pen landed on LORDMAN #12/1 ,,, don't look a definite stayer, but she ran ok (on her only other run on AW) over 7 at Wolves in April of last year, when she came 5th - tis moderate form at best, but I've backed him ew @ ~ 30.0 (29/1) & 25.0 (24/1) to win on exchnge,,, and a lil @ ~ 3.0 (2/1) to finish in top 4,,

has little to no chance going by the sire (guessing here 😃) El Kabeir & Dam Sire Dandy Man over a mile - so at least I know what to (likely) expect, and disappointed is expected, so i've reverse psychologised meself, and, cos i expect to lose, i won't mind too much 😁

#plenty of 18/20s about for the pick atm,, 12s was a bit skinny alright

could pick four here (along with us pick) nd not back winner, so no harm having a go here on a double-figured one - race looks that tricky/open

GL

^^^

as expected - no joy 😌 😅

well back me pick were - going wide prolly didn't help much, but likely Lordman is just nae good,,

good jock Marco Ghiani - nice price if ya fancied Shifter - won at 9/2

go win PATEEN 6/1 5.20 MR,, 10yr old is former CD winnr

speculative one - laid Easy Game @ ~2/5 for 5.30 Tramore.. only 4-horse race - hoping he don't stay, or falls 😂

😁 😁

winner at last 😊

GWAN Jess & Pateeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!

easy game for short odds backers ,, not for me tho 😋 jolly wins by ~ 9lgths - was a speculative one alright, so not 2disappointed

5.40 Chelmsford - observation(s) - had bet(s) , but "no joyee" , so "no aftertimee" 😆

#BOLO

laid jolly for 2, 3 & 4 plces, but Enshrine comes second :(

# Be On t'Look-Out , or BOLO , as the Five-Oh say for short 😂

have noticed that these ULYSSESEEEEESSSSSESSSSESSSS 😃 (progeny of Ulysses) often look like mustard winning o'er a mile (small sample size mind - Cheveley Park & Willie Haggas ones spring to mind) , but are far from invulnerable when upped to 10fs

Just keep a note (that's why am writing/typing this shoy8 out 😄) on the next time a Ulysses (providing it's fav/v short price) steps up from winning over 8fs, and is upped to 1m 2f..

he's only nine is the sire, so likely Ulysses aint got too many "crops" thus far; and they aint incapable of winning at mid-distance trips, but only one winner from last 15 runners inside last ten days, and that was over a mile on turf..

Enshrine had run of race today (an easy lead for most of t'way) , but was no match for winner (a newcomer) who came late,,

look like dubious stayers imo,

that's all 😊

Monday 4th July 2022

Happy Birthday Tom Cruise 😀

Worcester - Good-good to firm in places

1.00 Worcester GAME SOCKS 13/2 ew NaP

3rd chase run - 1st run was poor, 2nd one a lot better; should go v close with more improvement on the cards today.

Wall Of Fame 8/11 Only 2nd chse run; first two weren't great, nd likely wants soft ground - placelay

1.35 Worcester SHENTRI 5/1 ew

Went well at the course lto (in a hurdles' race) over the same trip,, looks to be a hold-up horse, or needs to be, to be seen to best effect,, Worcester appears to be frontrunners track, so will have to hope he's near enough to mount challenge come t'business end.

De Barley Basket 7/4 ,, best price atm is 5/2 with 365,,, has only had si6 chase runs in total - winning four,, a serial winner tbs; but is up a touch in trip, and also appears to be a frontrunner, or more specifically, likes to make all,, this here race be Class 3, and so far Ben Pauling's gelding has won twice in each of Classes 4 & 5,, there are a few likely wannabe leaders here, including, possibly, a few of the first time chasers,, could make the jolly vulnerable here, & with a lot of good horses in line-up, looks a plce-lay potential to me

Roscommon - Good

7.00 Amir Kabir evs ,, first run over hurdles,, worth a lay on that reason alone

8.00 Alfieri 11/10 is topweight, has amateur jock atop,, won easy lto when upped to 3m,, this looks a better race tho,, lay

Some books going five places in this,, have gone for three each way here:

GETAWAY MILANI 11/1, DALILEO 11/1, MISS US O 5/1

8.30 two ew picks here : PHILS CHOICE 5/1 , ELLARIA MOON 15/2

Ahfuhgeddaboutit 6/4 prolly looks the best form here - but didn't manage better than third in her three bumpers thus far; doesn't look too good to me,, has probably the best jock up in Miss J Townend, but hard to see Hogan's filly win this,, was 17/2 prior to her last outing, which is the shortest she's been sent off - until today, where she's likely to go off a lot shorter,, trained by Hogan the crook,, can't see her win,, worth a lay

gl

Great write up leff, but we'll forget that shortly, guaranteed 🤣

Aussie Warrior went into my notebook from that race. He was quite keen earlier on but stayed on all the way to the line. I just wished he finished close 4th or 5th instead of 3rd which means he's gonna be short nto.

I dunno what sort of trip she wants, stayed one paced throughout... What I find more interesting is that a small, by the looks of it, owner is paying expensive fees to the big trainer (Haggas) to train her to win a meager class 6 handicap 😄 she's probably the lowest rated horse in his stables 🤣

• Advertisement

My notebook has nothing for today which I'm totally surprised with because I have over 250 nags saved in it.

Let's see if something catches my eye in Ayr or Ripon.

3:00 Ayr - I'm split between these two: Giselles Izzy & Communion, the later is more interest only having a 2nd hdc run, he couldn't show what he's made off last time when stuck behind the wall of horses, 6/1 with PP. Giselles Izzy went very close in Lingers, today she's only 1lb higher here, possibilities...

I went with the wrong one... so typical me. Giselles Izzy came close 2nd, 9/1.

Next I like 7:15 Ripon - Poet's Down 10/3, he went very close last twice, today could be his day. The fav was tipped by HughATR this morning, -25% in odds.

Take a notion Lucky15

Morning all 😊

a lot did nae jump off page - ah see Rupon is on this eve,,,, sez I to meself [cos name just jumped off me mind] : "if D Allen 'as any mounts 'ere, i'll back em all " 😁

.... and so he has, and so i will (back em blind)

Ripon - Good (or so sez "t'formguide" 😁 )

EW Lucky

6.45 MARBUZET 7/5

7.15 POET'S DAWN 3/1

7.45 MYSTIRICA 3/1

8.45 MATTY TOO 3/1

short enuf to be fair, but fekkit, i wanna be entertained 🤣🤨

all picks are trained by Tim Easterby - jockey and trainer in form

will do win singles as well - mebbe an ew acca an' all

g'luck punting fans :D

Marbuzet only 4th in 6.45 :(

musta been an off day - there goes me ew acca; fell at t'first 😓

ah well 😂

edit - 5th [still rubbish] ,, might as well been last :( winner looked well 'andicapped tho tbs

evening all 😊

Tues 5th July '22

thoughts for today = tricky as a mofo 🙂 😂

given as me first port o' call nowadays is tee luuk for lays/plce-lays, i have had a look and two fit the bill as being meritorious of a look,, they be:

1. 6.00 Uttoxeter Mandocello 4/6 & 2. 8.20 F Las Al Agaila 6/5 (#tho best price 6/4 - a difference of opinion with t'layers, but as far as that goes [in da round ] 😆 , it don't make me no nevermind insofar as my opinion/conclusion, on that 8.20 race, goes 😪 )

had a look at just these two horses mentioned above, and both look likely winners; so will p'raps *swerve both races - they're too short to back tho; and, for that reason, i'm not even trying to 'get em beat' , cos dat would require me looking at all the rest; and, if i did, i might decide i'll back one or both o' them shorties; and i def do not want to back 'em - mebbe a small win double is all - just for a hinterest 😃

#think actual 10/11 gen jolly in Al Agaila's race (8.20 F Las) must be well regarded, as 3yr old colt Caph Star for 'Rodjah' is a newcomer - must be well thought of; tho that don't mean he'll put up bold showing on his fto run (pretty sure he's unraced) ,,,, don't know nor care to know about why he was 'unraced at two' 😃 'nd #boffins on TV likely be scratchin' they heads as to why that's t'case, or offering up reasons given by trainer like how he's taken a while to 'come to hand' ,,,, Fk that! punters only wanna hear Varian talk about trees being 'pulled up at home' , and not a rat's could they give about anyfink less,, doubt many ornery Joe/Josephine Soaps be interested in backing a newcomer at evens or less

# it's on SSR , nd 'boffins' (generally speaking) are less up their own a$$e$ wen it comes to wasting time waxing lyrical on such things - compared to their RTV counterparts 😆

*Will do small win double on Mandocello & Al Agaila , so i won't have to do medium singles on them both hehe ,,,,(not even gonna bother looking at opposition) , and zero place lays or any kinda lay/s...

now to try find a winner 😊

3.45 Pontefract - a lotto imo

Looks as tho the average time [on good ground an' all] for the 6f trip here is ~1min16s 😲 there be class 5 'andicappers what can win at tracks like Brighton, Hamilton And F Las in 1m10s, or less even 😌 ,,, point is it's a strange enuf track/trip, so hard to know who'd be gud enough to prevail here,,

,,,, Dream Composer is clear fav @ 2/1 here,,, H J Evans's horse come 2nd over CD lto - that's how much the layers must give credit to 'course form' and that was merely a Class 3 (Class2 today) - and there's plenty of horses here (although, they're mostly out of form tbf) who would have way better 'overall form' , ie winning better races off higher marks, than what jolly has done,, On the flip side, jolly is consistent and in-form, and is still only four; but he aint never won a race in better than Class 4,,, One to watch/overlook/not worry about if yis wanna back summit else, imo [jus me opinion is all - if ye fancy jolly, don't let me put ya orf 'im 😃 ]

have a plce-lay #potential (#will offer up x, and if x aint matched, then no layee 😃) , and a speculative ew poke here:

3.45 Ponty

Place-lay prospect is Recall The Show @ 4/1 to win,, thinking is he'll try make-all, and fade - could be wrong, but dat's my guess here... also don't think slight 2nd fav Lampang @ ~7/2 to win is guaranteed to be in first three here,, think a stiff 6 is also unsuitable for Tim Easterby's nag,, #chance 3-plce lay on 'im an' all

#changed me mind on laying Lampang for places - has a bitta 2yr old form o'er 6f (very close to it @ perhaps ~30yds shy of 6f) at Carlisle , which is enough to put me off laying this fellah for place

put up Recall the Show @ ~ evs 3-plce lay , and ~ 5/8 4-plce lay

ew poke:

ASADJUMEIRAH 14/1 EW (...ervation 😅)

reasons: is a colt , is only 4yrs old [flip side - is out of form],,, dam da 'flip side' !! ,,,, last three races were over 7f (1) - too far likely, and 2 Class2's (over 6f) , which were likely too hot,,

reason/s to be cheerful: has won twice over 6f on both the AW as well as the turf, has no turf form on any 'stiff' 6f tracks , like (guessing here 😊) Catterick/Carlisle - only ones i can think of 🤗; nor indeed the course itself 😋 ,,, So it's 'lack of no poor form over stiff 6f tracks' that gives him t'nod,, he's 14s , so not concerned about any lack of 'positive form over 6f tracks that are considered stiff' ; but happy that he's bereft of any poor runs over them track/trips, and can thusly give him t'benefit here 😃 ,, if that makes sense 😁,,,, dinna really care tee mutch tho cuz i is numero oneo 😝

that's all , g'luck all :)

Morning, not saying good - lack of sleep, I'm on 3rd cup of coffee - still no good, so don't pay much attention to my ramblings...

2:00 Wolves, PP is paying 4 places - PORTELET BAY 7/2 is in my notebook, he's got a good draw, he's a distance winner, ran well twice etc etc, he's the favorite at the moment, so all punters think the same about that one, where the value in that; the other one I like is YOULOVEMEWHENIWIN 15/4, he's drawn the widest but seems to have ability to bounce out the stall quickly, so it's not a big no no, he went very close over CD three runs back in slightly stronger race, today he's -3lb in rating and jockey is taking off another 5, BUT Callum's strike rate in Wolves is total round ZERO out of 60+ rides here, I can't take that one too, so annoying.

Poets' Dawn was backed into favoritism only to finish 2nd, no good.

• Advertisement

3:45 Ponty - why not Lampang? He's good a handy draw 1 to jump into the lead, only ran twice in class 3 winning one of them, has so called "stiff" course form, not without a chance imho.

Advertisement