Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

not tekkin bait - like there will be no admonishment from no. 2 (and, crucially, male 🤣 ) poster o'er that latest slight 😪 for some reason "a damn good thrashing" springs tae mind tho 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

okay... I take it back LOL, I didn't bet on it, so that's a plus.

Favorites win about 1 out of 3, so there's a good chance that I'm right. My computer mouse is about to pack in after 12 years in service, so please don't suggest destroying the keyboard too!

Three ew picks in this: AURIA 16/1 , RANDOM HARVEST 14/1 & FLORAL SPLENDOUR 14/1 Think a stiff mile should suit the lightly raced and up in grade THUNDERSHOWER who looks a good price at six to one. Will go win on Johnny G's filly.

😓

just the one place there from oot all me picks with Random Harvest coming 2nd - will hope things improve :)

• Advertisement

4.51 Nmkt

Will take a chance on a decent priced one in shape of CROUPIER 5/1 WIN, and that neither the absence nor his unproven ability to stay a mile will scupper his ambitions here.

10/11 jolly Bay Of Honour didn't fare so well lto over the trip when he came 5th in a Class 2 hcap at Course and Distance. Will hope, perhaps, that a couple can finish ahead of Charles Appleby hotpot nd will lay him for two places @ ~ 1/3

gl

No good there - selection didn't really stay in this trappy affair and finishes third; jolly too good and wins easy 😒

5.25 Curragh

will have a lil ew on SCREEN SIREN 10/1 . Winner came from box 7 in last two renewals and that's where selection is berthed.

gd luck

5.20 Klb

Nikini is vvv short @ ~ 4/6 on her first go o'er stix; looks a poor field but me felt obliged to lay for t'places at short odds

• Advertisement

yeah, no good today, got a 2nd so far, beaten by an outsider, so annoying.

jeasus, half on the field is a NR in Ayr 5:45, next...

6.25 Klb STORM MAHLER EW 22s

Went win on COZONE 4/1 in same race

gl

No good - try another

7.25 Klb GRANGECLARE NATIVE 22/1 EW

Gl

A poor ride from jock on BLUE FLAME in 6.35 Lings did for any chances he might have had - going wide ffs most the way.. Verdict: jockey should come on for t'run and don't overlook Blue Flame nto imo 🤣

One got overlooked in 6:35L and gone in... Ford Maddox 2nd, dunno if I'm gonna back him for the 3rd time when he's out again... Blue Flame was given no chance from that position.

That was one some fiercely run race, 7:05 lingers, where everybody wanted to lead :D It suited Come On Girl from the wide draw, fav Main Target was lucky to cling on that rail, just barely scrambled for 3rd.

DECODING WIN 10/1 8.45 Ayr

Since when you can sleep again instead of looking at horses at odd hours? @Konny Rool Give me your thoughts on 1:30pm Kempton today.

• Advertisement

@j@utis

howarya missus ? 😊 me no at puntin today - saw a few of the last flat races on the TV today where KING EAGLE, 4th in 7.55 Ripon, might fare a bit betterer nto; will be his 2nd run in h'cap,,, with maybe a more held up ride? ..

tough to be studying & puntin all the time so me only going with a 'thought for the day' on this here racing craic vis a vis 2day 😃

all the best to ya j@utis in finding winners.. looked at naught 4tomorrow neither me 🤣🤣

gl anyhow... ya have it in ya to put up a few yourself ya know !

😊

8.35 Carlisle

REGAL WORLD win 11/2 NAP,, A hold-up ride will perhaps see this filly get off mark on her ninth attempt,, looks as though a fast-run 7fs should suit her, and will hope she's staying on late at the end,, first-time cp's are added to help,, looks about a 7/2 shot to me,,

Yeeeaah 9/4 is another maiden who sets the standard going by his 2nd over C/D three runs back in Class5,, possibly try make all and fall short,,

hard to make a case for Helm Princess 11/4 going on her three previous non-handicap runs..

The well supported Martin's Brig 4/1 is also a maiden in with a squeak (as are they all, being as this is a maiden handicap) but doesn't appeal at the cramped odds currently.. Will do him in r/f with selection.

Gl

4.05 Lingfield

POINT LOUISE 12/1 EW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Looks a good pick that one KR - have gone in myself 😊 Still fairly solid @ ~ 6/1 that Regal World; will hope she shorteneth before off for added confidence 👍️

Ta Romeo 🤣

Only 2nd the nap :(

8.35 Carlisle

REGAL WORLD win 11/2 NAP,

The well supported Martin's Brig 4/1 is also a maiden in with a squeak (as are they all, being as this is a maiden handicap) but doesn't appeal at the cramped odds currently.. Will do him in r/f with selection.

Got forecast tho , so aint so bad 😂

11 August

at Lingfield on Thursday the 6.10 looks a fair competitive affair,, I think Kiss N Cuddle ~ 5/2 and Kingdom Of Dreams ~ 7s can potentially both go close here w/o winning,, pen landed on SUNNINGDALE NAP ~ 5s win, who is having his first run in h'cap here.. should definitely appreciate the step up in trip from lto which saw him come a decent fourth at Newbury, over 6fs,,, has had a go over 7f - when he flopped - at Ascot, but that was only his 2nd ever run, and in a 100K race,, by same token, as regards staying, i have me doubts on the ~ 9/4 jolly Immortal Beauty here.. if she's fav/short price on Thursday then i'll consider laying her for places

:)

One more for Thursday

@Konny Rool's longshot poke/s:

3.40 Salisbury CAPTAIN SEDGWICK ~ 16s ,,, also in same race SILVERDALE 14/1

Captain Sedgwick has had a long absence from the track - she was off about 1 1/2yrs before coming back in May,, been poor in her three runs (tho her most recent looked hopeful, which saw her finish a staying on 7th of 11 over 7f at Chepstow) since then, but she's a horse that goes well this time of year,, trainer has had a recent winner too..

Silverdale is perhaps not guaranteed to stay the mile here perhaps; but she's lightly enough raced and she came third of four over C/D two runs back. that was Class5 Apprentice race, and it looks a decent enough piece of form to me.

will wait for prices ect before i decide whether to go win or each way on the two picks - probably go win on both and perhaps a speculative r/f also

Sly Madam ~ 7/2 and Atlantic Heart ~ 6/1 look like two to consider as place-lay prospects.. don't think Sly Madam will appreciate a stiff mile - will hope she's short enough on the day,, Atlantic Heart is only having her 8th run in total, and her first over a mile.. her staying on third at Chepstow lto would surely give her a squeak; but that's a sharp enough trip and breeding suggests the mile won't be for her... 6s to win a bit big for going place lay, but will deffo consider it if she's a couple points shorter come the day

Gl 😁

D Day Odette shaped well for a good bit there in 3,20 Yar (good to firm) over 10fs,, will keep an eye on this one nto if running over the same trip, or a bit further,, only third today, DDO, but she looks like a smooth enough traveller anyhow,, perhaps a bit of juice in ground could help her cause too 🤣

No joy at Salisbury 3.40 with one of place lays winning by half the track 😂 and the other come fourth

Captain Sedgwick last and the other pick, Silverdale, a non :(

Not doing owt in 6.10 - the pick Sunningdale too short @ 9/4 (only as big as ~ 3s all day) and Immoral Beauty too big @ ~ 5s to go place-lay :(

• Advertisement

Nearly got that 6:10 race right, especially the first part 😅 me running errands all day, too tired for studying the cards, just watching. HT tipped Royal Aviation from my notebook in the 6:40, but I didn't think so... And it wasn't enough of pace in the race for Royal to be effective.

Advertisement