Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

got nowt right today 😃 😢 a poor showing,,

,,,,,,,,,,,glanced at tomorrow's nd Sat'dee's cards nd nuffink jumping off page... to keep interest up chanced JUSTANOTHERBOTTLE 7/1 ew for Ripon 2.50 Great St Wilfrid Handicap on Saturday.. is many times a CD winner and won this last year.. Race has only 15 declared this year for some reason; normally has about 20 runners or just under taking part in this particular [and 'one of the biggest,, etc etc' ... 'of the year' race - according to the bs 😆] renewing,,,

,,,,,,,a sign of changing times in racing perhaps? only looked at a few of the contenders though, but will settle for it being a 'horses for courses' track,,, Fav Blackrod ~7/2 is interesting, but is drawn in box one which is enough to put me off him,,, those drawn in middle to high numbers have dominated this in recent times it seems - as far as winning goes anyway... bout all the thoughts i have on that race - so far anyhow😃

I'm trying to keep powder dry these times nd wait for decent opportunity 😛,,, nae point being Bernie Flint when have strong opinion on summit ! 😃 🙂🤗

too much study leaves for a no so sharp punter anyroad..

.... will hope this 'heatwave' keeps up so the going will stay good; will make for easier/betterer studying anyhow - i reckons 😃 but no so long that draconian Climate Change 'measures' are enacted 😫

😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Heatwave puts beach into my head instead of horse racing. Heading down to Britta's Bay shortly. Wish me luck to find parking!

Newbury first race. My notebook suggested Hoof It Hoof It with a note "defo has some ability", I was looking at it this way, the other way, yeay, nay, yeay, nay... nay... only to watch her to romp in @16/1. I'm completely demotivated now to look at the rest of the cards, feck it, I'm off packing for the beach.

Indemnify should win 2.55 Nottingham, but he's v short @ 2/11.. have chanced laying him @ ~1/5 for to hope to mekk some coin 😁

3.10 Newbury

CUBAN MISTRESS EW 14/1

gl

• Advertisement

bold jolly Indemnify winning as he likes 🤣

nt good :(

3.18 Wolves INFINITIVE WIN 9/4

Gl

6.07 Thirsk

KHABIB 8/1 EW NB

Should be plenty of pace on and Khabib will hopefully be staying on fast and late,, but not too late 😄 came a good second over C/D three runs back in Class3; reproduction should see him bang there,, looks a tasty price anyroad

• Advertisement

2 very very short ones going at Tramore:

5.50 So Scottish 8/15

6.55 Twoplustwo Equals evs

a lorra coin come for these two - waay too short imo,, have put up place-lays on them both,, very little form they has in book.. Twoplustwo equals was apparently 100/1 (!!) earlier doors - Gordon Bennett ! Must be the heat 😃

edit wrong thread

no joy with So Scottish - 2nd in the 5.50 ☹️

@Konny Rool's 'hopeful outsider'

7.30 Tramore ELEGANT DAN 25/1 EW

goes well at CD on good ground, including a win on yielding/gd in plcs; been poor enough recently but has being going chasing some,, ran yesterday over the larger obstacles so musta eaten all his hay this morning 😊

YULONG VOICE 7/2 is recent winner, and looks to be improving, so will go win on him as well

gL

8.05 Tramore Space Tourist is very skinny @ 2/5 on her first run for WPM,,, have gone lay @ ~ 1/2

Sunday 14th August

@Konny Rool's studies have begun and ended thusly: I is concentrating on two races in Eire 😊

Tramore 1.40

Old Bill Barley is reet short at a best-priced 4/6 (365 odds those, going on price-checking facilidee on hyah) and generally available at ~ 1/3. Sired by Apsis - who I know SFA about - Old Bill Barley come third on his first hurdles go last month; and that's possibly enough to make him deserved fav here, plus I don't know what beats him in this, but that third [and likely improvement to follow] shouldn't see him as short as he is. Will try lay him at ~ 4/6 or so. Win and/or each way picks, i have none for the opener. Dixie Flyer 3/1 is a lot bigger atm than what the paper predicted (~13/8 in the probable) but doesn't appeal as a likely winner - unless the jolly flops and the rest are rubbish maybe. Even then, it's hard to make a solid case for Dixie Flyer - who looks as tho she needs more of a trip, or soft in the going description, at the very least. If jolly comes nowhere in this, then that's all I care ahbite 😄

ANYONECANHAVEITALL 13/2 ew is a fair price here. He improved lto (Yesterday 12th) to come 2nd in a CD maiden. That was a massive improvement on what he's did in all of his five previous hurdles' bids. Usual held up in the rear tactics were changed as well that day it seems, and these saw him run closer to the pace than what he'd ran before. Has live place claims on that run alone - a win would be no surprise neither.

Again, WPM has a prohibitively priced jolly here in shape of Walk On The Moone @ ~ 4/7. Was turned over when a 2/9 favourite on her hurdles' bow. She came 2nd of 18 at Limerick in May over ~ 2f shorter than tomorrow's race. That was a promising run, but she flopped nto when going off a 4/9 fav at Kilbeggan. The Grey Monty ~ 3/1 is another with sound claims in this, so will chance a lay bet on Willie's fav at some price close to evens in hope, as well as a saver on THE GREY MONTY 3/1 win. P'raps a small, and not entirely speculative, rev f/c also with the two pix, as no massive surprise if the jolly doth floundereth 😄

Gl :)

Hoots Toots 6/1 in the first in Southwell today, showed improvement lto, good trainers SR.

Your first prophecy has been fulfilled, Konny, or leffee, or whatever name you'd like to be called these days.

Backed into 9/2 just before off but only manage 5th, traveled 3 wide most of the way, slightly short of room and lost 2 places just before the line, I'll stick him into the notebook for now.

• Advertisement

ur a gas woman j@utis 😁

methinketh thou hast spent too much time oot in the sun tho - what with ur off the reservation musings an' all 😄

One down, one to go ! thnx for ur well wishes :D

Lovely day for it in Tramore.

Cruisin' Susan in the 2.50. Not convinced by the favourite at all and Susie has plenty of experience around these parts, including a nice fourth on Friday.

5.10 Tramore

LADY OF THE VALE 7/2 WIN is competitively priced and has the form to go close here on a course that should suit. Don't know much about the jockey Mr A P Ryan, but he should be able to keep this one towards the rear and slowly mek his way thru field nd pounce fast and late - that's the thinking/hope anyway..

in same race, Katie Tay is a bit short at 8/13 methinks.. ran in two better bumpers previously, but her form figures/distance behind winner, etc, make her a lay bet proposition i feel,, chanced a lay @ ~ 4/5 here on this one's first run for Willie,, Kilbarry Lilac 5/1 is also not w/o claims here, and is another who can potentially thwart the short priced jolly in the last,,

gl

I just noticed that your both picks were NRs in 2:50. You have to find another one now to replace those...

I like Lady Madonna's 6/1 chances in 4:28 Southwell, based on her Lingers 2nd, that race gives her form a good boost - Spangled Mac has won 4 on the trot since then, she's back down in trip on back on a/w.

17.10 at Tramore

Kilbarry Lilac win @7/1

Kilbarry Lilac betting without Katie Tay - 2/1

Lady Of The Vale runs a good third in 5.10; close but no cigar.. didn't manage to get fav beat neither, who won easy enough in the end under a good ride from Paddy Mullins.

Got two out three favs beat for win, but no joy as far as beat out the places goes :( a 'no joy overall' day 😃 ....... happens 😂

j@utis pick returns at a decent 7/1, but, no addition unfortunately, as tips on jolly beats him into 2nd 😴

Winnin day for thread tho with Hello2D putting up a well-found 11/2 shot in Cruisin Susan in 2.50 ☺️

Won't find Christmas coming - in light of that, and World Events, will try to be connier and more discerning (just like today😃 , but no joy alas) and try find one or three every day or two or so, instead of a multichewed - going onward,,, who knows, the shít may hit fan worser and those in the higher up realms might deem it necessary to chop us rock in t'budget; but we'll hope it no comes to that 😀

:))

Looked at one race for Tuesday and I think I've a cupla(!2!) squeaks in it 😊

,,,,,,,I don't want to look at tomorrow's fare, so the day afta it is then 😆🤗 🤩

Tuesday 16th Aug'

Wolves - Standard

Think El Habeeb is a very short - waay 2short - price at a predicted ~ 1/5 in this,, Ran in #2 proper races in his first ever two races, and didn't fare so well in them, which was hardly unexpected considering what those races were!,, Came 2nd then in a "lowly" (.....compared to earliest runs, but still far higher grade than this Class 5 Novice Stakes) Class 3 maiden on first run for new trainer Kevin Philippart De Foy - who's probably a better trainer nowadays, tbf, than Stan Moore [who had the colt for his first two races] - but he beat very little (going on formbook) out of all those horses what finished behind him, and could only get within 2.5lgths of the fav (who was a weak favourite as well) Aimeric,,,

#strangely enough, both those races were top quality ones - first was a 3yr old Listed race and the 2nd of those races was none other than this year's Derby! Hard to assess on those two races, but he never looked like winning them anyway 😅

EDIT: will also be El Habeeb's first go on the AW too,, his sire is Al Rifai who's a relative unknown.. Plenty to like imo, by raison of there being 'plenty not😁 to like' as regards the favourite's chances o' winnin' hee-ah😁,,

,,think I'll go lay on El Habeeb here...

Same race sees CADMUS ~ 9/2 WIN Nap as the provisional 2nd fav here,, Came 4th at Sandown in June on his sole outing, and though beat almost 10lgths it looked like a more than respectable first showing (being as race was won by 9l by odds on fav Honiton, who looks a decent prospect an'all..),, Is by Gleneagles, so not sure if the 12fs will be wholly suitable, but, regardless, even a little to moderate improvement on that first run should see him bang there..

.......Also, in that race Dark Island ~ 33s can't be completely overlooked,, Poor showings in both his first two runs granted, but he should have the hang of it by now ! 😁 ,,, Is trained by a non premier league type trainer in Heather Main, and would probably be potentially shorter if trained by the likes of Beckett, Varian, Stoute, Fanshawe etc; but will be only be his third ever run, and, being by Night Of Thunder the step up to twelve should see this 3yr old gelding improve,, Heather, Dark Island's trainer, has a very respectable strike rate at the course, and she will likely expect the first time hood to be a potential ingredient towards producing a good run in this 1m. 4f. 51yds race,,,, Will consider this fella too for win/'cast purposes as well as/along with Cadmus,, Not a lot to say on Secluded ~25s (who rounds off the field of four here) going by her sole run to date

:)

😆

Any for Lingers today, Konny?

2:00 Lingfield - Maahi Ve - claimer jockey might be the cure for Maahi Ve's seconditis 😂 favorite obviously has strong claims is priced accordingly but where's the fun in that.

• Advertisement

5.45 Dundalk EL C WELLS 10/1 EW

Is drawn wide in stall 14 so should be able to avoid any of the early trouble/scrimmaging. Would likely prefer an extra furlong or so, but should be doing some good work late on anyhow. Will hope for a decent run for us money here on one that looks aboot a 6/1 shot to me,,

gl

Advertisement