Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Frikin Red Walls ruined e/w by becoming a non-runner last minute, also pissed off about Glasstrees. Not a good a start of the day.

No luck in the 2nd race either, ah well. Back to work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

no joy today nd me main pick was a non

tomorrow 18th August

@Konny Rool's hopeful outsider:

Chepstow 2.50 KATIE K ew 28/1

has benefit of a run,, will need to break well tomorrow unlike lto,, the better ground should help an' all

😊

Why Kempton was abandoned?

don't know - noticed that too, but passed no heed,, could be any amount of reasons; nae point in speculating eh 😋

• Advertisement

3.15 Stratford MADEEH 10/1 ew - good price, likely be up with pace; track favours frontrunners

COLONEL LESLEY 28/1 ew,, has a chance should rain come and soften the ground

Gl :)

5.55 Fontwell

Fortunate Fred is fair skimpy at ~10/11,, might try make all or summit here; think he falls short anyhow,, chance lay at ~ evs

take a punt and go ew on WATCHOUTITSCOOKIE 80/1

6.45 Leicester FOX DEGREE win 11/4,, good price, good chance

not too bad of a day today :) Colonel Lesley wins.....which is good 🤣 🤔 ground weren't even soft, but ne'er mind 😃

7.04 Newcastle is interesting race for tomorrow methinks folks ☺️

FRANKELIO 22/1 EW has much to take on trust here; but it looks as tho things aint so bad 😃: is down to a mark he can win off, and may well improve on what seems to be his first ever go on the AW (Tapeta [Standard to Slow is how going is currently given as] is the particular surface-type here) , and should win a Class 5 or 6 (Class 5 tomorrow) contest at some stage,,,, is also 7yrs old, so no real negatives there, as far as this sort of contest goes, and should still have plenty of ability,, wouldn't be surprised if his price was smashed between now and race time 😃 ,,, he has that sort of a 'profile' imo ,,, "we knew he was 'coming good' recently etc,, etc.." from connections shoytalk is to possibly be expected 😃😃 ,, then again, perhaps he really is poor, but i has hope anyroad 😆

On similarish side of coin is Northbound 13/8 fav, in that he is/has just come into form; altho it were'nt a great race he won lto over C/D (poor time etc..) he did see some support so was evidently fancied that day,, he's up in grade tomorrow too (granted, only going from a Class 5 to a Class 6) which is enough to try to be against him at the prices,, he also has a low enough draw in stall 5 - seems to me that higher no's are generally preferred in races on the straight at that track,, he won from 6 box lto in a 10 runner affair.. Anyhow, looks worth a 3/4 place lay proposition atm. Could well drift, but if not, then i'll be looking towards a plce-lay on him tomorrow eve,,

Very interesting looking race from our perspective/s (the 'punting' one hehehehe) anyroad imo

those the only two i looked at 😋; am happy with me assessment of both the above anyroad 😃 will perhaps give it a betterer look sometime after ''anon''

gl

• Advertisement

another race caught us eye - on account of short-priced fav

5.27 Salisbury HELLO DAIRA looks Waaay too Shortttt at a best-priced 4/11 atm 😲 on #prices alone he's surely one for LAY consideration

#some might think this is a good price, but not me,,, 'penalty' & 'kick' get referenced further down post

he was well supported on his most recent, and first-time-out, run; was presumably expected to go well, and he did just that by coming 2nd over C/D (on same/similar going) to Captain Cuddles, by a mere head,, Would need to improve to win i suppose, is the thinking here

he beat the hot fav Batal Dubai into third that day in July, and Batal Dubai had won his previous (and only) race to that in impressive fashion; that be some 'flip side' reasoning, what might see some folks deem Hello Daira a 'penalty kick' here; tho I still feel that 4/11 is very cramped odds regardless. Will hope something (hot early pace perhaps)/or even the draw (drawn high in box 11,, low numbers seem preferred going by recent renewals,,) can see this jolly fail to come out on top tomorrow.. chanced a lay at ~ 1/2 in hope for some 'value' , at least 😂

York looks to have a decent card on, and there's plenty of horses in all the races.. it's topped and tailed by two v competitive handicaps, but there's a lot of studying involved there and me is too lazy for that 😃 mebbe j@utis or someone else can fling up a few good ones for us consideration :D :D

g'luck :)

decided to have a luuk at 1st at Yawk 😂

1.50 York

based on going ~ gd/firm & trip ~ 1.5m, i have picked these three ew agin t'field:

DARK JEDI 16/1 , RAVENSCRAIG CASTLE 16/1 , ANNANDALE 40/1

a few would look to have way more obvious claims than the picks above, but there's reasons to oppose the single-figured ones - need softish grnd (might rain yet, who knows) , need to lead , not entirely proven at the trip/grade,, plenty reasons to oppose pretty much anything here, and that's pretty much reflected in betting with books going 6s the field

6 places available with a few firms for this Heritage Handicap

gl

5.20 York

too many picks 😆 , but here they be's anyroad ,, 5 places here

POWER OF BEAUTY 40/1 win , OPERATING 10/3 win , ENCOURAGEABLE 16s EW , SYSTEM 12s EW , LEUVEN POWER 6/1 EW , POINT LYNAS 16s EW , MASTER RICHARD 22s EW

prolly luuk a fool arter this race, but fekkit, the {amonynous 😋} degenerate hath little shame 😃

mebbe do sum ew dbles with these and the pix for 1.50 Yk race

Gl

One more race:

#toomanyfancies 😁

3.35 York,, going mainly with low to middle here,, 4 places here, and at least that many losers 😂 😪

ACKLAM EXPRESS 50/1 EW , KHAADEM 9/1 EW , LAZULI 20/1 EW , RAASEL 11/1 EW , WINTER POWER 22/1 EW , FLOTUS 10/1 EW , ROYAL ACLAIM 2/1 WIN , THE PLATINUM QUEEN 10/3 WIN

😂

Nuts! I've got no time for this today. I hope you're gonna get your winner somewhere somehow, Konny!

6:40 Wolves - Talamanca for me, short priced fav.

and a very small nibble at 3:00 York - Chuzzlewit.

GL. And have fun!

😁 😄

thankee j@utis 😊 Gl wit all ur picks an' all 😁

Noooo! Talamanca got beaten, ah well... No joy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gotz

Bookies cleaning up this week

Helped in no small part by favourites starting out slowly thinking they can just win a race from back to front.

Hollie Doyle especially

Talamanca is entered in 5:50 Lingers today 😅 Can he take this one? or is it 3 races per week a bit much?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gotz

1 race is even too much for Talamanca

• Advertisement

2.06 Yarmouth

Lincoln Pride ~ 4/7 is only 3, and goes well on good ground over ~7fs. She won lto at Newcastle over the 6f trip; that were on Standard/Slow going,,, Regardless of the going, I can't see [absent 'improvement' on a/c of her tender years 😎] anything in her three or so previous runs over 6f on turf, that should see her prevail later on today, nor indeed do i think there is anything in her overall form to leave her price to be as short as it is..

Of the five competitors she faces, Our Louise ~ 11/4 has strong claims going on her recent couple of spins at Lingfield, as well as on her Irish turf form; and Thank The Lord ~ 8/1 can be given a chance if allowed an easy lead,, don't think any of the other three will have much of a say in this (but that's only me 😃)

Little opinion on what wins this, but I think Lincoln Pride will be too far back too early, and therefore won't be able to get competitive here,, I'll see if I can't lay jolly here at ~ 8/11 or thereabout :D have laid her for two places at ~ 1/2 also

3.06 Yarmouth AGENT OF FORTUNE 9/1 EW

Summit should go on here, and Agent Of Fortune can chase pace and hopefully go close,,, As far as 'chasing pace' goes, it looks as though ~ 10/11 jolly Aletoile needs to lead to win here,, she made all lto over C/D on similar Good/firm going,, time was nowt special mind, and unlikely she gets own way today,, In her favour, Aletoile #mainly has only other females to beat 😂 #Although Richard P Smith ~ 10/3 is unlikely to be seen trying to let the more lodjical sex down in this 1m. 2f. 23yds flat h'cap 😋

Agent Of Fortune had a bit of a mare the last time these two met over the course and distance, but she finished in front of Aletoile when previously meeting at C/D.. A good price imo, although only 2 places available.

Will hope Agent Of Fortune is on a going day, and not slow to stride, as appears to be her wont. Has won 11 times in total, with most those wins coming in the November to January period.. Onliest win she has outside Spring/Winter time came way back in July 2018, which was a 7f race at the course.

EW on Agent Of Fortune & try lay jolly Aletoile @ ~ 5/4

GL ☺️

3.20 Brighton - Good to firm

Just the four go to post here for this ~ 1m Class5 flat maiden hcap..

Think BAZALGETTE ~ 7/2 has a squeak going on his previous spins over 1m on good ground. Will chance him for win.

August place ~ 13/2 can't be ruled out on only his fifth ever run, but hard to have massive confidence in him imo; also Field Of Honour ~ 7/2 must have chances going by the price, but it'll be only his first ever run in hcap, and the bare form of his non-handicap runnings aint making me leg it to the 'back' button.

Hard to know for sure, but I think either/both At Liberty or August Place are likely to make the running here.. At Liberty has tried this tactic - leading/chasing t'pace - (and come up short) many times recently; although those attempts have been over longer trips.

At Liberty ~ 10/11 has half-decent form over 10/11fs on turf, but fook all really at or about 8fs,, Sending him back down to a mile could be a last-ditch attempt to get a win from him, on what will be his 12th ever run.. i'd say the sales or t'glue factory beckons for this ball-less son of Muharrar. Will try lay At Liberty at no bigger than 11/10 here; is currently (altho it's very 'early doors') available to back on exchnge @ ~ 5/4,,,

5.06 Yarmouth AVAILABLE ANGEL 3/1 WIN Nap,, good chance, value price,,

Anglo Saxson is a poor enough price @ ~ 13/8, and it's hard to see him win today; has had his last four goes all over C/D and only won one of em,, Siofra ~ 5/2 has been well supported, but it's hard to know if the step down to a mile will be entirely suitable on what will be her first run in England.

Available Angel is a two time CD winner, and has a lto win also over track and trip,, shouldn't be more than a 9/4 shot here imo.. Will hope Anglo Saxson goes on here so as to not make this 4-horse race a dawdle,,

EDIT - 5-horse race 😋

gl

Post edited by Konny Rool on

No joy, 2nd Available Angel - jockey held on to selection too long, nd had too much work to do to pass the frontrunning winner Anglo Saxson :(

enuf for 2day

One more and that's it !!

6.12 Sandown

2 half-hearted picks in a nowhere near even 'half-studied' race 😂

EW for shrapnel - both are, or seem to be, bigger prices than what they shud be;,,, fekkit, this race necessitates the better part o' an hour's study, nd that's too much 😃

ISLAND BANDIT 18/1 EW ,, lto CD winner, has light weight if can make all here upped into Class4

RAWYAAN EW 40/1 ,, won over a mile on penultimate outing - one I'm hoping will be held up to come fast/late

Ihktiraaq 9/4 has a lot of weight; likely needs make all to be involved, and I daresay it'll be harder to do that in this biggish field, than his last two goes, which were both over a mile and they were three nd four-horse races.. chanced laying for 3/4 places @ ~ 10/11 & ~ 4/7,,, am thinking he won't get to lead, and if so, he'll be swallowed up regardless - that's the hope anyhoooo 😃

8.15 Southwell

FINBAR'S LAD 9/2 EW

lto winner = good enough here, i hope 😁 has a good low draw in stall three for to chase whatever sets pace. Bill Plumb (8) , Red Astaire (7) and the fav All Go (9) are the three widest drawn ones, and they seem like the ones most likely to go on here.

Have chanced 2-plce lay on 11/10 fav All Go @ ~ 1/2,, not convinced on what she's shown so far, and will hope she's inconvenienced by being drawn widest of all in stall 9.

GL

8.00 Ballinrobe

PHILS CHOICE 12/1 EW

chance place lay on WPM jolly Little Soiree

8.45 Southwell

HACHERT 9/1 EW

7.00 Kempton TELEMACHUS 25/1 EW

8.00 Kempton WANDERING ROCKS 6/1 WIN

• Advertisement