Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

4.45 Goodwood

The Amateur Jockeys' race. Low numbers seem to go well here, so am bearing that in mind.

Gert Lush ~ 4/1 has a CD win to her name, but she just prevailed that day when she won in June of last year,, will leave her off..

Have three picks here - one ew and the other two win; hopefully they'll all give us a run for us money and that one'll win 😊

SILASTAR 9/2 WIN , LUNA MAGIC 10/3 WIN , THE GAME IS ON 10/1 EW

will try combi f/c + t/c also here..

was wrong about Fivethouseandtoone,, he won the 1.50 and t'pick Atalanta's Boy was last of five there 😥

GL :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

What about Lelabad? Still a maiden but showing signs of some ability.

Can't rule him out

f/t visor, 2nd over CD previously in a grade 5 (down a grade today)

has yet to win,, verdict: needs to show more for me j@utis 😂

can't fancy him meself femme 😋 but don't let me put you off eh 😂

plenty of cases can be made for many, but a bit to take on trust as regards Lelabad - he's still young nd lightly raced, which is not a profile i'd be relying on in this partikla race,,, ; tis almost like a 3/4yr old h'cap (there's one for 'knowledgeability' 😃) , but according to me racecard tis an ornery 3-y-o plus one.

besta luck whatever ur backin this eve j@utis, but stake lightly is advice if ur gonna back him (if ya have nae already) 😊

KINGWELL 12/1 EW , MISS CANDY 7/1 EW

Miss Candy wins 😁

Well done there, Konny. I'm too tired after work today even to watch it, nevermind looking for winners.

• Advertisement

ta j@utis,, nice to catch one tbs 🤣 🤣

working on a Sunday - couldn't be at it myself 😆

now COME ON PRISCILLA'S !! 😁

PRISCILLA'S WISH WIN 9/4 NAP,,

NAP LLLLLLands "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO M M NMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/2 NEVER IN DOUBT !!! 😁

Great ride from Harry 😃 WD to Harry Davis (3) ; a top jock in making him 😊

You're on the roll! Congrats. I got my money back minus few pennies. I better go and do some gardening instead, to clear my head.

re: working weekends -- I'm off during the week which I prefer.

rubbish there :( nd Gert Lush wins too; didn't see that one coming 😴 😂

5.30 Bev

ZIHAAM 7/1 WIN

no good Zihaam 😢 poor end to the day; too far back (broke late I think) too early to be competitive,,, ran a good race otherwise in fairness - jockey tried to get him involved, but i think he knew that it was best to keep powder dry for another day 😆 don't think he'd have fared better than 3rd or 4th anyway if he really got stuck in late on - put it down to 'a bridge too far' heheh 😂

#willkeepioutforwhenherunsnext 😁

• Advertisement

ta v much j@utis :D

besta luck with t'gardening 😊

@Konny Rool's 'inspirational pick' 😃#,,,,

# just cosz 😂 ,,,,,

,,,, just cos a few of these have had a few runs w/o winning, so the majority of the multi-raced (3 runs plus, by my criteria 😃) ones might nae be worth the proverbial hatful,,,

,,, at least that's the logic i'm using as far as the chances of Joey's [almost] #unraced gelded son of Ulysses goes... #has ran (and won) once in Barrier Trial - so i guess that sorta counts him as being almost categorically categorised as unraced - at Dundalk, and that was last Month over 7fs.

6.00 Roscommon SATURN FIVE 9/1 EW will do me going by logic utilised above, ie poor field and big trainer with a "well bred looking, not yet blotted copybook type at a price" type ; also sports first-time tonguestrap to enhance confidence as far and/or insofar as hoping for a good run of the no nonsense and knows his job variety, goes, ie that is to say that one also hopes based on expectation that the trip shall by him be stayed, or, in other words, 'seen out'

in same race Aidan's ~ 13/8 jolly Samuel Pepys may be overbet on a/c of his name (logic being that folk might be mare inclined to have a heftier bet if nag is named after someone famous, esp some 'back in the day/a few generations/centuries back' type, eg Samuel Pepys, who was operating back in t'day, but is wellish famous nowadays) ; as if 13/8 aint short enough as is going on his overall form,,, looks like an 11/4 shot perhaps, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go off at 6/5, or shorta even !

that'll do me for an ihnterest on t'moro folks :)

Am as enervated as a mofo, me, recently 😃 ,,, have look a cupla days in advance for to try find one to oppose methinks

Thursday

Clonmel - Good

7.25 Imperial Choice ~ 2/5 early 'paper' fav

Won lto on the back of a few poor runs, and wasn't unsupported that day neither [Charlie 'Knew' !! 😂] ,, that race was over a couple fs shorter than Thursday's race, and Imperial Choice was the 5lgth victor in a fast time,, Seems to be an amateur race this (no jockey down yet) and, with that in mind, i feel it's a race worth studying at some stage. Hard to fault the lto form, but whoever's on top won't be as good as Billy Lee, and CB's a crook 😂 Will deffo consider lay on jolly if a similar price on t'day

5.55 Hamilton

Good to soft

KILCONQUHAR 5/1 WIN , SIR BENEDICT 4/1 WIN , ELLADORA 12/1 EW

Going is good to soft here, and i don't see it as being soft enough for to help Impressor 7/2 & Slainte Mhath 5/1; and unless it rains it's difficult to make cases for them two on good to soft going.

will chance a few combi f/c & t/c also

gluck 😊

saw a few of the last flat races on the TV today where KING EAGLE, 4th in 7.55 Ripon, might fare a bit betterer nto; will be his 2nd run in h'cap,,, with maybe a more held up ride? ..

King Eagle is entered in ~ mile & a 'alf Class 5 'andicap at Newcastle on Monday Konny 🤣

Will chance a few yoyos on 'im if he goes to Gosforth (entered in first race there as things currently seem to stand) 😋 I shall be really pleased for lady Bamford if Ding Dong's 3yr old son o' Frankel should prevail on t'Tapeta surface,,

won't be long nigh - so Happy Christmas all !! 😁 🤣 🤔

ta leff 😊

Will hope King Eagle fareth well if he goes on AW Monday - have a sneaking he could go well a'ight 😃

and a Proper Crimbo to you nd yours also leff !! 🙋‍♀️

🎅

4.00 Lingfield

A lot of money coming for Jimmy Fox's I Doubt That 6/4; he's lightly raced and has gone off a short price in all his three runs for his newest trainer, with them Britisher ones coming on the back of a lot of poor ones in Ireland. I'd rather be against on a/c of his lto win was at similar trip/grade, but it was at Kempton on Standard/Slow going,, Prescott's At The Double 5/2 is a winner on turf over distances of 2m and 1m 6f in recent times; but again has no decent AW form to his name, but then again his improvement is hard to overlook,, am not convinced tho..

Miss Blennerhasset 9/2 is yet to win, and this lightly raced sort has the appearance of a non-stayer to me,,

can't rule out any of these three above, but none have me convinced and the prices aint great,, think Prescott's is the pick, but too short for me..

pen landed on three and i'll go each way on em,,

SMITH 10/1 EW , LOVE POEMS 9/1 EW , GAVLAR 50/1 EW ,, might do ye olde and hopeful/speculative 'casts (Fore agus Tri) an' all

g'luck 😀

^^^^^^

Chanced place-lay on 11/10 hot fav I Doubt That @ ~ 1/4 for 4 o'c Lingers so me didst 😄

Prescott's wins,,

,, but no joy with place lay - fav come 2nd in 4 o'c Lingfield :(

place on Love Poems is all me gots 🙂

no joy there - 2nd Sir Benedict 😒 And Slainte Mhath wins,, hard to fancy that one, for me, at'prices 😓

enuf for t'day ☺️

• Advertisement

Jaunty Soria 7.40 Wor

Mac Ailey 7.55 H'ton

singles + double

no good Jaunty Soria there - a gallant second (i think 2nd, mebbe third) 😋

Rubbish camera angles today on ATR - at more than one meeting an' all 😒 almost as if they wanna get "strange" [based on angle] prices, lest there be a photo finish 😏 i'd say i'm right about that too😣!! Da choonts 😆😴

th or 5th Mac Ailey = no joy in last @ Hamilton,;;; tf there's no more racing today!

think i'll back Palmer's golf tips = a few (hopefully😎) days' entertainment 😊

he went for EW picks in two comps: Dustin Johnson & Matthew Wolf in American Liv Golf Boston comp

&

Marcus Helligkilde & Niklas Norgaard Moller (never heard of them either 🤗) in European Made In himmerland,,, he gives 'favourables' to JB Hansen , Adri Arnaus , Romain Langasque , Oliver Hundeboll , Lucas Bjerregaard & George Coetzee,,,, mayn't do any of the latter few 🙂

EDIT - should have been 4th or 5th up at top page^^^^there ,, 4th he came anyroad which no good .

have tae gi' this race another look - maybe tomorrow,, looks wide open apart from jolly

:)

Post edited by Konny Rool on

Thursday

Clonmel - Good

7.25 Imperial Choice ~ 2/5 early 'paper' fav

About 10/11 fav now, Imperial Choice, which luuks about right,,, hard to see what beats her. Going on her last run (2f shorter, staying on, 5lgth victory, good ground, fast time, staying on strongly from hold-up ride,,, ticks loadsa boxes) she should beat this field of moderate dual-purpose horses.

no interest in backing her at prices tho, and even less given 'connections' 😂 Chanced a 3-place lay @ ~ 1/3 earlier in hope,, bout a 1/5 shot atm,, am hoping she flops, as hard to not see her 'bang there' at the end,,

for sake of a bet, I've chanced a lil EW on Shark's SULAFAAT - 14/1

not seeing any of these with solid flat form at the 2m trip; apart from fav it's wide open

gl

Last came the pick Sulafaat :(

hot fav (4/7 sp) come 2nd last though, so that makes up for it 😁

pity i didn't 'have more on' 😆

5.10 Down Royal

A decent pot for this 7f 2-y-o maiden , with ~ €20,000 in the overall pot.

Looks to be some decent highly tried types here, so is #hard to assess overall form.. Jessie has the overall fav here in the shape of Panic Alarm ~ 11/10 generally,, Bet365 seem to be ''sticking their nose out" going a best price of 11/8.. i'm not with them, but i reckon they'll take fook all money at that price; more a 'factfinding mission' imo for their part, in offering a significantly higher price than opposition,,

#eg as regards the 'highly tried' [running in quality races] types, the 2nd fav Semblance Of Order ~ 4/1, ran in a 120,000K race lto (not too shabby, but he only managed to come last of seven; although race was ran in v quick time for a 2yr old, in ~ 1m.23s),,,,, tho it's not enough to make him of much appeal overall - this looks like a race overall where there's gonna be a lot of market fluctuations, so that's a possible angle for some,,,

,,,,,not me though, whatever i like i back, or like, but in reverse😃 so therefore lay; exception might be with a short price fav or summit, eg back at 5/4 or lay at 4/6 - that kinda thing, and, if in the middle, 'leave off' 😊 that's kinda how i feel about the fav in this race too, but will just chance him for lays/place-lays if price is right, and leave off trying to get any 'win' value

Panic Alarm has the best form figures, but it was a staying on third lto over 6fs, and on 'yieldingy' going to boot 😆 Plus i don't know much about the Australian sire - with the Japanese name (not that i know that much aboot them in general 😄 ) - Kuroshio ; not that that matters, but point is Jessie's fav aint necessarily guaranteed to stay the trip, imo 😛 Will see what price Mrs Harrington's gelding is tomorrow , and will consider further for lay/place-lay(s) ect,,

Semblance Of Order ~ 4/1 generally, has a live chance of winning based on his 2nd last - of three in total - run; although Andy Oliver's 2yr old colt aint a certainty for the places all the same,, "interesting" that 365 are going a standout low price for the second fav - perhaps they know summit, perhaps they don't😀

Don't know what wins, as the three/four just below fav in betting all appear to have similarish claims here i feel,,,

Pen landed on Joey's WARTIME WARRIOR 15/2 EW,, his form of his first two runs aint great, but it will be only his third ever run,, Am going with the 'is by Frankel, so must be decent' angle😉 here 😂 as well as his price, which looks generous enough - certainly for the win part anyroad,,

Looks to be a lot of overall strength in depth here, so be no major surprise should a few finish in front of Jessie's jolly all the same

that's enough study done for one night 😊

gd luck to us punters :)

4.48 Haydock ROSE FANDANGO WIN 3/1

A winner over 7f on AW in July, came 2nd at today's course on her next run; which was over a furlong further (1m race),, looks the only one out of these that looks close to guaranteed to being there or thereabouts at business end. Fair price, w/o being overly generous :)

5.30 Kilbeggan

Carrarea is the top-rated and topweight in this 2m. 3f. Maiden Hurdle. Emmet Mullins' 5-y-o gelding has some fair form in this sphere; with a couple of Bumper wins, and he aint been far away in any of his six goes so far over the sticks. Looks very capable of winning a race, but there's a fair few below him in betting what also have proper claims.. a 13/8 shot going on probable SP in paper, and is trading as a very short priced ~ 8/13 shot atm.. looks WAAAY too short - i make him a 2/1 shot or thereabouts.. Will chance putting up Lay @ ~ evs, and 3/4 plce-lays @ ~ 1/4 & ~ 1/5..

Idea of a bet here is Gordon's COUNTRY QUEEN ~ 17/2 EW.. She's done well in her two Bumper runs, finished a decent fifth on her first ever run, which was over hurdles at a 2m trip; fell on her latest run at Galway,, should go close as long as she stays up :)

gl

Panic Alarm has the best form figures, but it was a staying on third lto over 6fs, and on 'yieldingy' going to boot 😆 Plus i don't know much about the Australian sire - with the Japanese name (not that i know that much aboot them in general 😄 ) - Kuroshio ; not that that matters, but point is Jessie's fav aint necessarily guaranteed to stay the trip, imo 😛 Will see what price Mrs Harrington's gelding is tomorrow , and will consider further for lay/place-lay(s) ect,,

A general 11/8 shot now is Panic Alarm - looks about right, but the horse, i feel, is not unopposable.. 365 seemed to be right as the 2nd fav Semblance Of Order is now a general 5/2 shot..

Anyroad, i'll try tekkin fav on, and have put up two/three place lays on Panic Alarm @ ~ 4/6 & ~ 3/10

• Advertisement

4.36 Newcastle ULTRAMARINE 9/2 WIN

Advertisement