Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

2nd-itis kicked in... 😂

Naasma 9/1 in the last in Lingers.

😁😁

In us ongoing quest for winners, i'll go with a few e/w in luck last at Lingers

CHATEAU D'IF 9/1 , SEMSER 16/1 , TAHASUN 11/1 , GOD OF THUNDER 6/1 , GARGLE 11/1

too many picks there - but could o'erlook none of 'em - i do think that Hughes' jolly & j@utis's pick will fall short here tho 😆

4.30 Lingfield

DUBAI LEADER WIN NB 5/1

G'l

😓 no joy with any of 'em in unlucky last :( nowt 4m Dubai Leader neither 😴

• Advertisement

last one for today -

8 o'c Newcastle SAISONS D'OR WIN 16/1

positives: draw, price, is multiple C/D winner

negatives: horse & trainer out of form, and horse aint got much form to speak of on the Standard (going) surface, but that could be a positive too 🙂☺️

Lastest one for sho' 😄

8,30 Ncs ACTON BELL 9/1 WIN ,, has live chance if stays here ,, reasonable sized if, but might improve for first run for t'shrewd Grant Tuer stable; nice draw in box 11 an' all

will also chance NAT LOVE 16/1 EW in 8,0'c there

g'luck

went for Hoi An Beach 7/1 in delayed 7,30

tomorrow Wed 21 Sep

Redcar: Good-good to firm in places

2.53 GOOD GRACIOUS 9/4 WIN nb

obvious claims on her fto run at Haydock ~3wks ago - extra furlong be fine :)

g'luck

• Advertisement

shoy8 2day ☹️

I had a crush on a Miss Gallagher in school so having a nibble on Miss Gallagher in the 19:00 at Southwell @4/1.

Wrong one! You should've fallen in love with Janet!

Remember this one, leffee? He was mentioned and backed here so many times, lol. But not today...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

me hopeful each way outsider : SAY GOODNIGHT 8,30 Wolverhampton 50/1

2.05 Bellewstown VADIANA 15/2 EW has claims if can build on her fto run at Gowran Park last month; the extra ~162yds or so looks like suiting.

SCIPIO'S DEFENCE 20/1 EW is also of interest here,, flopped the last twice, but her two runs previous to that, with them both over 7furlongs, could see her involved here,, will likely need to be held up, and with the field being in single digits, i'd imagine this will be in her favour too.

4.04 Lingfield REGATTA QUEEN 10/1 EW ,, is drawn in the eight box here for what will only be the 3-y-o's 2nd ever run,, might not be in a good position to make all, like in her first ever run at Chepstow on the turf, where she came 2nd over the same trip as what she tackles today,, 10/1 looks a bit big here for Robyn Brisland's charge

A few favs that look vulnerable/underpriced:

2.05 Bellewstown Native Queen ~1/1,, price is fair enough tbf, but i'm thinking this filly is vulnerable at this close to 1mile trip; what with her being by No Nay Never,, she did run well over 7fs lto when coming a decent third at Fairyhouse - a run in which she suffered a lot of bad luck,, based on that run she should definitely go close, and little value in laying at current odds,, if she gets punted on i think she's worth a lay at 4/5 or shorter,, there's also a couple in this that can be given claims on form, and Ger Lyons' newcomer Nel must be expected to go well too

2.34 Salisbury Bresson ~1/2,, looks vulnerable with the step-up in trip from his lto win over 6f - when making all at Yarmouth.. tried unsuccessfully to make all twice over the 7f trip in his two races previous to that, in runs which saw him come placed 3rd at Newbury and 2nd at Newmarket,, unlikely to be far away ats, but still worth a lay @ 4/6 or shorter imo,, doesn't appear to have much to beat tbf, so am hoping the trip finds out Johnny G's colt

4.04 Lingfield Kingori ~1/2 ,, ended up winning easy lto at Newcastle on his first ever run,, that was over a mile and he was slow away that day,, if slow away again today, he might have a more difficult time in passing out those in front of him, at a less forgiving track like Lingfield,, worth lay @ 1/2 or shorter, if his price contracts 'tween now and racetime,,

Gd Luck ☺️

not much good the above - 1 place from three picks :( just the 1 loser from three lay picks 😃😴

try one for tomorrow

Newcastle: Standard to Slow

Canagat ~8/13 atm Canagat won lto at the course over a furlong shorter (on same going) and couldn't have been more impressive; ended up winning by 6lgths then on what was his first eve start for O'Meara. Had good form from a couple of years back (but not a lot in recent times, so h'cap mark has plummeted), and has won at the course twice previously from marks in the 80s. So is well handicapped here. He does however need to replicate that run, and with thirteen runners going to post, am hoping as well that he'll find trouble in running. Looks an 8/11 shot to me, and will chance lay @ ~4/6

win/ew picks in same race

WE STILL BELIEVE 5/1 WIN is a CD winner from last year from off the same mark of 57, and it was on the same Stan/Slow going. Been moderate since then in both codes, but hasn't been far away in many of his flat races o'er ~1mile. Went close lto over CD on the Standard going - with very little luck, as suffered some poor luck in-running - when he came 4th. Looks to be in decent form tho price aint great here.

MR COCO BEAN 25/1 EW he aint won in a while, but is a serial winner, and will do me in a race where I feel only four or five have live claims.

PERFECT SOLDIER 12/1 EW Goes well enough at the track, and went close there over a furlong shorter lto,, Similar to Mr Coco Bean, he can have claims based on the poor level of overall opposition,, appeals mainly on price overall.. did appeal on price, but is now into 12s from 33s😜

G'luck ☺️

try and solve the first at Ascot

Ascot - Good-good to firm in places

2.00 Ascot

1 (3) Young Fire ~13/2 ground beats him i think,, not w/o a chance on overall form + good amateur atop,, price fair short,, no from me

2 (2) Dance Fever ~8/1 will like ground,, ran a few times at course/distance with only the one placed finish,, has a chance in a Class 3

3 (12) Able Kane ~9/1 has chances looking at his runs on good ground over 7fs,, seems to need to lead to win tho,, this being Amateur Jockeys' race, and therefore big weight, should make that tough,, overlook

4 (1) Carnival Zain ~9/2 in-form, recent CD winner, should like ground, good amateur on top,, gets a NAP from me here

5 (13) Tomfre ~14/1 mainly wins on soft, but has won on top of ground before,, is out of form, so a no from me , altho he seems to go well in October

6 (10) Persuasion ~8/1 has a few decent (w/o winning) recent runs over seven on good ground, but didn't manage to yet get his head in front yet for recent connections,, looks a tricky ride and the jock don't inspire much confidence,, hard to fancy

7 (15) Stone Soldier 14/1 goes well on AW,, looks to need a bit of juice in ground, tho did come third on good to firm lto over C/D,, good jockey up too,, all i'm seeing is 'place claims at best' ,, leave off

8 (9) Final Watch 12/1 lightly raced with just the eleven runs,, is rapidly ascending h'cap,, hard to rule out at a good price,, one for the shortlist

9 (5) Alablaq 12/1 ,, has Victoria Malzard on top - think she won a cupla quality jumps h'caps earlier on this year, so pressure unlikely get to her,, Onto the horse: Hollie won v easily on him four runs back over 7f on good ground at Newbury,, could well have been targeted for a race such as this back then by the shrewd David Evans,, was only a Class5 at Newbury, and a stiffer track too, but nonetheless i aint drawing a line thru him,, sound each way claims methinks

10 (14) Pocket The Profit ~11/2 ,, only three, but has raced 15 times to include one 7f win and one at 5f and a few at 6fs,, does be v slowly away at times,,, Simon Walker on top should see him go off as one of the favs here,, being slow away didn't stop Pocket The Profit coming a staying on third lto at Epsom over a furlong shorter on good ground,, were it not for that run, this horse could well be a 16/1 shot, plus this aint a 6 runner race,, best left alone ,, if he wins he wins, but too many negatives (esp the price) overall

11 (7) Lord Rapscallion 20/1 hasn't won in just over two years, altho is capable of giving a good account,, has sound place claims, but i've never heard of the jockey,, each way just in case 🤣

12 (8) Spirited Guest 28/1,,, hasn't won in over a year,, doesn't have a massive weight and his one turf win over the trip came over C/D on good going under today's jockey Rosie Margarson; on a day he made all, and can possibly do so today as aint got a massive weight,, each way claims overall

13 (6) Zhui Feng 50/1 ,, nine years old,, probably won't finish last, but looks to have way too much to do here,,, will go unsupported by me

14 (4) Kimifive ~ 8/1 Ian Williams seems to have gotten a tune out of him, as has ran well in his latest two (of four in total) runs for that particular trainer,, looks to have a chance if ridden up with the pace,, not a great price, and the jockey gets a question mark,, can't say he won't win

15 (11) Mister Trick 12/1 just one win from seventeen runs; that was over the 7f trip at Haydock on soft going, in May of last year,, jockey not a household name,, has ran well a couple of times in his last four outings in races over a mile on good ground,, know nothing of the jockey, and i'm guessing 7f on good ground won't be his bag,, look elsewhere

decision time - the selections

Will go 'points based' (out of 5) bets here, as a few i cannae rule out,, Four places on offer

CARNIVAL ZAIN 4/1 3Pt's WIN,,, NAP,, good jock/sound form claims,, looks more a 11/4 - 10/3 shot

FINAL WATCH 11/1 1Pt EW

ALABLAQ 12/1 1Pt EW

LORD RAPSCALLION 18/1 1/2Pt EW

SPIRITED GUEST 30/1 1/2Pt EW

KIMIFIVE 15/2 1Pt WIN

10 points staked in total

:)

Now to see if i can't find a few losers (on purpose 😂)

$ "Say you will, say you won't, say you do what i don't, c'est la vie" $

2.07 Gowran Park SAYLAVEE evs Could well hack up here, as she won her last two bumpers very well - with dem both on good ground,, If it goes soft in Kilkenny venue, i think it lessens WPM's fav a bit, but only slightly,, what makes me think she's vulnerable here is: 1: her first hurdles' run & 2: She's by Shantou, and i feel his bairns want a bit of a trip over obstacles,, Place-Lay here   have offered up ~1/3 to that end; she's about a 7/4 shot to win in the very early exchange forays, so i dinna if anyone will take me place odds offered, even less so if she drifts in t'morning..

3.52 Gowran Park Champagne Problem 4/6,, Another one of Willie's, and another female i'm tryna get beat ☺️ this one couldn't have been more impressive when winning her last two hurdles' races,, however, she did lead/make all in those two, and this being a better quality race, i doubt she gets a 'freebie' up front,, it's raining where i is at, and should it rain trackside, then i think the soft ground could well blunt the speed of this daughter of Fame And Glory,, have offered lay @ ~8/11

have also done a hopeful EW bet on ISLAND MAHEE 30/1 as she shouldn't mind a bit of juice, tho she does look out of her depth here,, Only 2 places, but price was too big to ignore

4.50 Dundalk HARRY'S BAR ~evs,, looks short enuf here,, won lto at the course, but that were over 6fs; and a recent C/D winner from the time before that over 5f at the course, but not in a great time,, shouldn't mind the weight on his back, but this race should take a bit of winning,, chance 2-place lay @ ~1/2, and see if any takers,,

have also did BIG GOSSEY EW @ 8/1,, not a great price, but is capable of getting involved here

Outside EW hopeful

8.30 Dundalk NO SAY EVER 40/1 EW,, is a winner on turf at this 1 1/2m trip,, flopped lto at the course on his first ever go on the AW,, he was beat about 2 1/2f's out when seemingly trying to make all,, interesting that he returns to the scene of the crime, and over a furlong further than when he finished 14th of 14 and beat over 20lgths,,

3.10 Ascot gone WIN on SUFFRAJET 4/1 & CADMUS 3/1 here

SWEET WILLIAM 4/6 of Johnny G's come 2nd fto over the same 1mile and a half trip at Kempton on the Standard/Slow going,, not so sure, being by Sea The Stars, that this will be his optimum trip on turf tho,, looks well bred and is about 10/11 to lay on exchange atm; bit big for me, so have offered up lay @ ~8/11 in the hope it gets taken, and that Rab's mount doesn't fare so well today

those'll do me

g'lukk

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

best of luck with all those @Sweet Talkin Romeo 😊

2.15 Fontwell

Will chance recent C/D winner in shape of THABAB IFRAJ 8/1 win NB

is with one of the 'lesser' trainers in Mrs Dunn, and this looks a better Class3 than Thabab Ifraj won lto in August. This 9-y-o is in form however, and if he aint too far behind some of the more fancied ones come business end, then he can well go very close here. Looks about a 4/1 shot to me, and 5/1 or bigger would represent value i feel. Based on his last run, he's capable of getting from a to b in a very fast time, and shouldn't be too far off the leaders when they sort themselves out about 2fs into the race; am hoping there be a ding-dong battle up front, and that a few'll be floundering late on 😋

gd luck to us all :)

• Advertisement

cheers v much KR - here's hopin' we've a gud'un 😊

8.30 Dundalk

Joseph's Amortentia looks very short @ ~6/4; not sure if he'll stay the 12f trip here, on breeding,, was staying on one paced into 4th position over 2fs shorter at the Curragh on his lto run; not sure that transpires into sound claims here. Will keep eye out and consider for 2/3 place lays come race time, provided he's at a similar price..

won't get rich backing him, but Aidan's GULLIVER'S TRAVELS ~ 11/8 should win here,, versatile enough as can lead or chase pace; should follow up his lto C/D win,, seems to be a general 5/4 shot, and i wouldn't like to be backing him at a shorter price than that

2.15 Fontwell

Will chance recent C/D winner in shape of THABAB IFRAJ 8/1 win NB

About 12/1 now for Alex Dunn's charge - looks MASSIVE that !!

and the jolly Soul Icon of Karl Burke's now a best-priced 8/11,, looks too short to me for what looks a quality Class3, as ya eluded to in your post KR, and I think there could well be some 'burnt fingers' meself for fav backers here,,

had to have a lil on Thabab Ifraj meself 🤣

No joy for us Thabab Ifraj backers :( too close to pace methinks; will keep eye out tho in case he goes again soon on #good ground...

#good would giv him solid claims, altho ground be getting softer from here on in,, be ten nxt year, so could be in for Veterans' races - if they have them at that distance - over ~2m

done alreet in 2,0'c Ascot 😊

decision time - the selections

Will go 'points based' (out of 5) bets here, as a few i cannae rule out,, Four places on offer

CARNIVAL ZAIN 4/1 3Pt's WIN,,, NAP,, good jock/sound form claims,, looks more a 11/4 - 10/3 shot ,,,,, no joy with nap alas :(

FINAL WATCH 11/1 1Pt EW ,,,,,, Winna Winna!! 😁

ALABLAQ 12/1 1Pt EW ,,,,,, Third

LORD RAPSCALLION 18/1 1/2Pt EW ,,,,, 4th

SPIRITED GUEST 30/1 1/2Pt EW ,,,, last of fifteen

KIMIFIVE 15/2 1Pt WIN ,,,, 10th

10 points staked in total

about 21pts returned = good profit (in that race at least 🙂 )

Good picking by me there - plus some stellar pretty decent assessment of the field's prospects 😊

3.10 Ascot gone WIN on SUFFRAJET 4/1 & CADMUS 3/1 here

😁

Winner alright 😊 went off 15 tee 8 ,, ee, value were got 😄

One For Next Time

BRAVEHEART came third of four today just there now in 5.10 Fontwell.. First time over larger obstacles, plus on the back of a 225 day absence,,, he was a few lengths detached at several stages here - esp at the start,,, made a few errors/costly blunders, but still looked a short enuf price to win at various intervals,,

very telling that he was backed into 6/4 jolly from ~11/2 'early doors' - The Snowden team must've known they have a good one on their hands 🙂

ended up beat about about 11 lengths, and got a bit tired on run-in, but the mission looked obvious today - Sheehan would've been on a schooling mission mainly..

be interesting to see where this very lightly raced 6-y-o gelding will turn up next..

😃 almost feel like giving him an 'advance NAP' 😃

chance one more

8.15 Newcastle LEZARDRIEUX 11/1 WIN

good draw, has a chance down into a Class5; doesn't race much over the minimum trip nowadays, and it's been a long while since Grant Tuer's 5-y-o has ran over the minimum trip on any AW track,, hard to dismiss this former CD winner from a stable in relatively good form

8.30 Dundalk

Joseph's Amortentia looks very short @ ~6/4; not sure if he'll stay the 12f trip here, on breeding,, was staying on one paced into 4th position over 2fs shorter at the Curragh on his lto run; not sure that transpires into sound claims here. Will keep eye out and consider for 2/3 place lays come race time, provided he's at a similar price..

won't get rich backing him, but Aidan's GULLIVER'S TRAVELS ~ 11/8 should win here,, versatile enough as can lead or chase pace; should follow up his lto C/D win,, seems to be a general 5/4 shot, and i wouldn't like to be backing him at a shorter price than that

2/1 now GULLIVER'S TRAVELS = NB VOTE 4M ME 😋

have laid Joey's - hopefully non-staying - 5/4 jolly Amortentia for 3 places @ ~1/3

• Advertisement

BOOM !! 😁 Perfect Soldier WINSS !!

Canagat ~8/13 atm Canagat won lto at the course over a furlong shorter (on same going) and couldn't have been more impressive; ended up winning by 6lgths then on what was his first eve start for O'Meara. Had good form from a couple of years back (but not a lot in recent times, so h'cap mark has plummeted), and has won at the course twice previously from marks in the 80s. So is well handicapped here. He does however need to replicate that run, and with thirteen runners going to post, am hoping as well that he'll find trouble in running. Looks an 8/11 shot to me, and will chance lay @ ~4/6

win/ew picks in same race

WE STILL BELIEVE 5/1 WIN is a CD winner from last year from off the same mark of 57, and it was on the same Stan/Slow going. Been moderate since then in both codes, but hasn't been far away in many of his flat races o'er ~1mile. Went close lto over CD on the Standard going - with very little luck, as suffered some poor luck in-running - when he came 4th. Looks to be in decent form tho price aint great here.

MR COCO BEAN 25/1 EW he aint won in a while, but is a serial winner, and will do me in a race where I feel only four or five have live claims.

PERFECT SOLDIER 12/1 EW Goes well enough at the track, and went close there over a furlong shorter lto,, Similar to Mr Coco Bean, he can have claims based on the poor level of overall opposition,, appeals mainly on price overall.. did appeal on price, but is now into 12s from 33s😜

G'luck ☺️

Advertisement