Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

@t'Wench - git ya finger oot and gi'us a few for #2moro 😁

me homework is did - going at Ascot still given as Soft-heavy in places, which seems strange as sun practically beating down here all day in my locality - they do things different across the pond I s'pose ! 😂

only joking above our j@u 😊 lovely weather at out; me hopes u is 'njoying it 👍️ 😆 🎠 🏊️ 🍹

😁

me's prolly gonna be busy "early doors" on t'morrow and mayn't be "threadside" , but let me say: Good Luck with all yer picks j 😊🤣😊

:( 2nd Enderman

prolly unlucky as was in centre of course , but winner come from near side rail,,, favourite flopped (4th Close Quarters come) - so there is that 🙁

"no bet" aftertimee here 😂 me liked the 11/2 winner, Dandy Spirit, on 'breeding' (Dandy Man's on Heavy/Soft Going in sprint trips) mainly , but was put orff by his last run on 'Heavy' Going - which were a poor 8th of 12 o'er minimum last month at Catterick 😕

have a good wkend folks 😊

still "soft-heavy in places" on racecarde...

... which is good for me picks ☺️

whether they'll run like i hope they will is anudder ting entirely 😝

anyroad , most books going 5 places - with a few offering 6, so that'll do

2,40 Victoria Cup

allowing for ground no better than soft; for reaons multitudinous, us pen landed on these five

TOTALLY CHARMING 8/1 EW , PEROTTO 14/1 EW , SAFE VOYAGE 16/1 EW , ZIP 28/1 EW & ADMIRAL D 20/1 EW

Prices current:

TOTALLY CHARMING 5/1 :( , PEROTTO 14/1 , SAFE VOYAGE 12/1 , ZIP 33/1 , ADMIRAL D 20/1

they'll do at them prices for me

won't be going o'erboard on this race, tis wide open 🤣

Totally Charming is probably deserved favourite. can easily enough make cases for four of the single/close to single figures' horses (no's 16, 5, 9 & 2) in betting, here, far as being involved; but it's tough race to solve, and none of them four referenced look like massive value, nor do they look as ones jumping off page as likely winners 🤣

G'l

have done no further homework for tomorrow; am hoping it be too good of a day for to be stuck indoors 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Oh the trickiest race of the day... Lets go he easy way and look at the winners stats: most of the winners are aged 4-5, with couple of 6yo's and one 7yo mixed in; on this basis we can gets rid off 7 runners straight away; highest priced winner was 25/1, so we take another 3 out of contest; high draw is favorable, being drawn in stall 10+ is a good thing, and the pace seems to be on the high draw side this year too, so all lowly drawn can be dismissed and also those who haven't had a run this season, and here we have it, the list of the most likely candidates 😂

*eta: I don't know how the Baradar survived the chop, but anyway, my choice is not to be involved in this.

**eta2: Biggles in my notebook for being well supported on return or some not really a valid reason like that.

So many high class races today, I'm struggling to find the best horse in the sea of the bestest horses in the country, I'll back some nags in lingers I suppose...

• Advertisement

I see Strong Power is out again but the nag is only 12/1 which is very poor taking into account that he's unproven over the soft going and his strike rate is very poor over 6f, his SR is poor in general, but the rating is slipping though... I think it's another stunt to bring his mark another two pounds down. I've backed him 8x so far, with -67% ROI and I'd flip when he finally comes in one day and I have no bet on 🤣

Lingers 1:50 Tothe9s 10/1 - drop in class (no polytrack form, would be shorter otherwise); 5:45 Naasma - based on last year's promise over CD. I just noticed that price on Naasma has shortened quite a bit, I got on @7/1, now she's 5/1.

Leic 8:10 Star Sound 4/1, as an alternative to unstoppable fav...

GL.

rubbish :(

Safe Voyage only placer out the lot 😢

not a clue really here.. Billy The Kid's horse well supported and price gone on Mr Bluebird. not liking wenchitty's Strong Power on overall form, but can't really rule out. lot of horses here what have plenty form on Good ground or on the AW, but not so much soft ground form 😕

If we look at jolly, Coco Bear ~ 11/4, horse should be there or thereabouts, but would probably fare better with 'Heavy' in Going description

pen landed on three hopeful each way ones, but don't listen to me cos i just don't know 🤗

STRONG POWER 12/1 EW , SERGEANT TIBBS 13/2 EW , LIBERTUS 20/1 EW

☺️

STAR SOUND 4/1 EW in 8.10 will do here on her first run in hcap. yet to race on turf so can't be ruled out on soft/heavy ground. favourite is a bit short - has won on Good to firm and on Soft; has won her last four, but no heavy ground form, and perhaps her run will come to an end today. just two places, but very open 6 horsey race

Appleby's Eponina ~ 4/1 won this last year on ~good to firm, and is a previous CD winner on Heavy Going. likes to make all tho, and me no likee make-all type nags

i is stumped for today 😌 🙄

there be better days for losing money 😂

anyroad, gl me and our j@u and @TomEaves and Star Sound in Leicester 8.10

😊

i see Ed has two out today

first one obliged - me no backee tho 😪 that one were well backed James McHenry in 2.10 Haydock

one more Ed has today and #me back regardless:

LOWTON is 5/6 fav for Leicester 7.10...

#maybe not at odds-on !!

😁

in that 7.10 race, me'll instead chance small each way on WHERE'S FREDDY 9/1. beaten about 5.5lgths on first go last month - over seven on Good to Soft ground at Newmarket; might fare better on 2nd run, and, being by Lope De Vega, should like the heavy going - tho trip may be a bit sharp, tis only a maiden so will not be too concerned about the possible sharpness tripwise

gl

• Advertisement

Naasma beaten by neck, FFS! Drifted out to 18/1 too, that'd been nicey but not to be 🤬🤬

unlucky wenchitty :(

All hopes on Star Sound in 8:10. Strong Power flopped again, Tothenines even worse came last 🤣

6.40 Lei

DANZART WIN 2/1

g'l

:) :) :)

8.25 Warwick

wide open. pen landed on MOLLY'S THIRD MAN 22/1 EW

:)

could have found that 14/1 Leicester winner, King Of Speed, if going back to Nottingham run last Oct - similar Going, but staying on o'er shorter at the minimum trip.. been mainly on AW since 😒

ah well - one more

8.40 Leicester BIG BEAR HUG 3/1 WIN

April Nottingham run would give this filly chance of dropping maiden tag here,,

g'Luck

winner at last 

😏

😊

Big Bear Hug = 1st ,, just holds on - was getting hairy late on with jolly coming fast

noggin is frazzled

lotsa big field handicaps for to #look at for @'amilton, tomorrow

Going in Scottish venue has it as Good to soft - believe it when me sees it :rolleyes:

supposed to be dry tonight, and "occasional outbreaks" of rain tomorrow ; and that shouldn't change Going much, if at all, #but am no wasting us time in case it does go Soft

g'Nite 😊

• Advertisement

Rain f'cast is minimal, going should remain GS. So, what's the pick for 5:15 Ham later today, boss?

I can't split the top3 market rivals, I'd have gone for Dutch Decoy if he was like 7/1 but not 5/1... Even the outsiders are hard to eliminate, e.g. Tilsitt.

not a clue - maybe YAASER 28/1 EW from good draw

well he was no good, that Yaaser - got run when needed, up on t'inside, but was flagging ~100/~150yds from jamstick

had a squizz at Tuesday - looked one race at Wetherby

Going - Good to soft-soft in places

Tuesday

Wetherby

EMILY POST ~8/1 EW with ye upwardly mobile, Ed Bethell, nowadays, is daughter of Charming Thought. little evidence, but absence shouldn't be a major problemo. a winner on the AW and on Good to firm ground; has not had many attempts on softer going, but a third place last Oct at Musselburgh in a Class3 when a little unlucky in running, would gi'e her claims here

FIRST GREYED ~20/1 EW not a likely winner but goes well in Class5s over ~7furlongs with juice in t'ground. place claims. almost 200 days' layoff do temper enthusiasm a tad

ZUMURUD ~20/1 EW is dropping down weights is le reason here

easy enough to draw a line thru provisional market leaders, imo, if one were minded to 😄

Slainte Mhaith ~3/1. unproven at north of 6fs

Al Baahy ~5/1. yet to win. overall turf form uninspiring

Rocket Rod ~5/1. all three wins come on the AW. aint even raced on turf in getting on for two years

Lilikoi ~6/1. this one looks like it wants a mile on the turf, and possibly also would prefer top of t'ground anyhoo

#Finlandwererobbed#fekkthecheatingassedeurovisionkoonts

no wonder a mediocre song -even in t'context of other mediocre songs- was sent off odds on jolly; it's cos the fix was in

#fkpunting

hard to git up for studying/punting when some events are already decided in advance 😒

🙂

tekk stab at one on t'morrow

Monday: Windsor - Soft

ye lucky last 8,35

cloudy o'er there and a few showers due tonight. a lot of sun, if it comes, could change going drastic and it might be getting close to Good come tomorrow eve

plenty of angles and variables here

at prices, pen landed on two:

LADY OF ARABIA 12/1 EW , NATIVE BEACH 10/1 EW

looks like Sparks Fly is a best priced 4/9 shot atm,, a massive improver in times recent is this 3yo filly and has won three on t'bounce - all three were on turf over a mile and with both Soft and Heavy in all the Going descriptions for those races; and apart from them three wins, the horse's five previous runs were all on the AW, so horse is unexposed on ground better than soft (if Going improves and likely it will) , but can also take angle that goodish ground's (altho tbf the sire, Muharrar, can get them to win on allsorts of surfaces/ground) a negative and consider for win and place lays

some proper stables represented here, and lil Sparky might be intimidated by the might of mules from yards t'like of Balding , Hills and Charlie Fellowes, to name three, and poor lil Sparkies cud be o'erwhelmed and not put in good shift ;)

😊

Yeah, it's very interesting to see if the Sparkies gonna get their 4 timer tonight. Another curious thing is that this Appleby horse is a favorite on strong connections basis, ignoring the fact that he's gonna be lumping a stone or more over 10f distance being off the track for 1.5years, fair enough that they're persisting with him but... On the other hand Tajawal was 1/2f favorite on his second start, blew his chances when wondering around the course at the final stages, now the gets the visor slapped on and can do better off the "bottom" weight...

Sparks Fly got her fourtimer on t'day o' yester , no ? 🤣

won like a crazy odds on shot 😒 Going were 'Soft' - hummbug :(

oh was it yesterday? I had 4 hrs of sleep the night before, so yesterday was a complete write off, I must have missed something hugh 🤣 🤣

ok, let's watch that 7:15 race, no bet. this is more like it.

Tajawal got rotten luck again 😅

good post missus 😂

i lol'd 🤣

• Advertisement

Advertisement