Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I had a nibble at the end. I'm such a liar. Not a winner though, my Angel, not yours 😅

WOODIE FLASH 11/2 WIN, is friendly price in 6,10 Fontwell. 5 runners - could be trappy,, capable of going close, early days in all their careers, hard to know how race will pan out,, Jenny Candlish's jolly is waay too short

not expecting much as lotsa q's - if in with a live chance 2 out, then that's good enough (i say now 😂) ,, nd owt else be bonus

worried about drifters today, so really hope Glorious Mist don't win, altho the drift (coming back in a bit now it seems, so "level par" for t'day, ie non drifter 😃 ) is puttin' me off almost as much as the trainer (a lesser light he is, but we all had to start off somewhere 😄)

that's definitely it :)

could have backed K Burke's in last at York, as he goes well in these sorta races yada yada - but didn't, so there's that 😉

ran a good race, but only finished 2nd - to the odds-on jolly. made a few mistakes; was always behind fav, but winner was deserved after cuttin' out most of donkey's ...

one more race to go 🙇, the 6,40Gd ; surely get a run for us money in that - with trois pickes 😋

have chance of getn each way part of ew dble/s up after two races gone <sole pick in each> , with the first being the 9/2 shot, Swift Hawk, what come second earlier to odds on poke at Chepstow ; and t'other one were the unlucky (unlucky not to get third place for ew returns - never in with winning chance) Rab Havlin partnered Sea Me Dance, at Sandown, earlier :(

pity that; would have had plenty good 'reasons to be cheerful' then, with a a very good chance of getting at least one of ~seven possible ew dbls up - and even a few ew trebles...as did them for coppers an' all

not to be 😢😛😰 might get summat yet tho

:smileyfaceemoji:

Meh to that 6:40, I went with Raven's Ark at the end, finished 2nd again... Crescent Lake wins.

• Advertisement

got one place there (3rd Vaynor finished) - loss incurred but was being a bit too confident with three in race like that, but t'other two ran great races tbf

-----------

@j@utis , ya might've missed one there earlier. horse had Roaring Lion , and Fit from the Jumps, both, as solid "sound winning claims" (not exactly heh, but trained by renowned jumps' trainer, Alan King, so close enoughhe) to their credit/s in the +stakes - as ya mentioned in two of your earlier posts. horse were Lionella, in 5,oc Sandown

not easy

after 7,oc in the PM , and, between Irish and across pond fixtures, there's still 16 races to go 😲

don't seem right that somehow 🙂

not gonna tempt me (unless me's chooned in when ms @j@utisse has some o' her legendaire inspiration --- or mebbe not hehegeheh :pac: ) to do any more studyee or puntee

anyroad, me might hit road or go for overdue walk -or summat- as doin' nowt more today

#disciplineisparamount#finlanddeservecompensation#gwandadrifters

😆

g'Nite

True, it's not easy. You have to make this full time job +many overtime hours to go through every runner in every race and even then, you're not guaranteed to come on top because you have to have that 6th sense or the gut feeling too (which I don't have lol but my husband does).

Today I only looked at the 4 races in total, 3 bets, a couple of points up, that'll do me for today... No jumps, no irish for me, those don't tempt me and the rest of the Goodwood doesn't inspire me at all... I'll watch replays for next half hour or so, notebook needs to be updated.

How do they assign horses to classes in maiden races? Is it based on trainers opinion how good they think their horse is? Class 5 maiden, class 2 maiden? I don't get this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

It’s this dedication to research that I could never manage. My da was amazing at it, but had an accident which left him with slight brain damage. His memory isn’t so good now. He still places bets, less than he used to and for a lot less than he used to! He calls his betting his Christmas fund these days 😂

Im sorry that I won’t be able to give tips or anything, but I like the back and forth on this thread, and the ups and the downs.

• Advertisement

your dad could give not tips but knowledge about how to find them... I'm actually not interested in other tipsters tips if they don't provide the logic they used to come up with them. I've joined couple of FB horse racing groups, looking for some insights or discussions, but found nothing on there, just a bunch of whiners begging for tips, nobody wants to put the hours in or learn something. I admit, I don't put much effort into this either, I get sidetracked by social media or other sh1te all the time but I'm trying, one day it's gonna happen 🤣

............some good insights and advice there in last few posts, folkes 🤜

...........some day is right ! but, for me, ya want somewhere to go with no distractions (ie not home) for to get good study done; like a "study hub"- , full of likeminded 'artists' (being as punting could well be considered thusly) , - the like of which was put forward downthread a piece, by a now DP well respected poster, said post which may have gotten the 101 treatment shortly thereaftere 😃

------------------------

not a clue sadly... don't care too much neither, but it'd be good to know all t'same 😁

all sorts of non-h'cap races these young horses are entered in: Maidens / Auction/Novice/Maiden Stakes races and the like - pretty much Greek to me how the qualifying creteria happen to be met, or who makes the decisions, or what does criteria are, even?

I #think a lot of it is based on the cost price of the horse (or breeding I s'pose, if a homebred) when considering what sort/class of race a horse is let run in. #could be wrong, but i don't think so :hehheh:

....as far as they're assigned levels or grades, ya'd think that's the sort of thing they'd put in "info" part on top of racecarde on the website, but i suppose they don't...

--------------------

meanwhile, for tomorrow's racing, I think Chester is worth a look - is it raining/will Going change? don't know- as if ground conditions are well known, then possibly can rule quite the few out - based on their draws mainly,,

and also the Franny Norton / Chester top dog angle (think he's top pilot there anyhoo) . has four or so rides there, so could be worth looking at those an' all

unlikely i'll be up early enough for to studye it much meself, folkes,,, if i am, then i'll consider especially, the 2.45 and 3.20 races there, as they're wide open handicaps and they aint sprints 🤗

#apartfromhyberbolethere's#nothingworsethanstudyingwith#certaintypeofgoinginmindbut#hashtaggoingchangesthenall#hashtagstudyis#moot#finlandwasrobbed#nevaforget:)

:)

had write-up written for two races Chester, but loste all ye text, 😌 accidentally backspace, and dat all she unwrote.. humbugge,,

not expecting a lot , but'll remain hopefulle :

2,45 Chester

ORIOLE 12/1 EW , KHATHAK 20/1 EW

ROYAL DUBAI 8/1 EW , LUNATICK 16/1 EW

might push boat out nd do ew doubles as well

#humbuggetodeletedaccidentallylinesoftext&#humbuggetoEurovisionjuries#humbuggetonotbeingableto#recover#deletedtext

g'luck all on or around here what's havin' Sat'dee interest

ayebollix! not again! literally moments before I decided to back this one too! (as per my notebook suggestion), double figure odds gone, ffs.

It's hard to look past the fav in 3:30 Chester, installed in a handy draw 2 with a slow starter beside him in draw 1, he's very likely to grab a premium spot on the rail and bomb in for the 4th time in here. Your mentioned F Norton is riding Toussarok (which is in my notebook) in the same race but I'm failing to make a strong case for him.

4:50 York, if you look at past renewals of the race, it looks like younger legs have better chances of winning it. Tropez Power 11/2 is one of them, he traveled well lto but found one too good, on winnable mark 84 comparing to his AW near miss off 91, PP is paying 4 places in this 11 runners race, let's do it.

And a fun bet of the day is our old favorite Dutch Decoy 9/1 in 2:15 Sandown, because I've backed him before and if he goes in today blah blah... no extra places but money back as free bet if selection finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

2.15 Sandown

gonna look past ur Dutch Decoy, j@u, here, and throw a few darts at this one 🙂

FIRST VIEW 12/1 WIN , EILEAN DUBH 9/1 EW , REPERTOIRE 12/1 EW

gl

Eilean Dubh and Dutch Decoy ran good races there in 2,15 Sandown - coming 2nd and third, but no win for thread sadly :(

winner, Maysong, tho a former CD winner, were hard enough to find

• Advertisement

Royal Dubai ran out of real estate and got up for second :(

nowt today

Uttoxeter - Good

HASHEHADHISOATSYET 15/2 WIN + EW

Well backed lto and finished a decent third under similar conditions under hold up ride. Bangor seems to be frontrunners track, and he was only one of the top four there to come from off the pace

this track seems to favour come from off the pace types; don't seem to be lots of out and out pace here, which am hoping should even better suit Hashehadhisoatsyet - at least I hope so 🙂 - as likely/hopefully won't have much to do late on....

not liking Mulholland jolly, Horizon D'or ~6/4, here at all... no doubt comms/racetrack punditte/s (esp Apiafi - dunno who's trackside tonight - can only hope it's Mayor 😆) will be biggin' up jolly,,, worth watchn in to listene to ye Apiafi (possibly be on course, Andy's at 'exham this aft..) spoutin about fav being 'Good Thing'

Hashehadhisoatsyet looks good enough to be involvede 'ere :)

g'luck

Two very close 2nds today but no main prize, ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

They can enter any of them J, the prize money increases the better the class, so if a horse is training well they'll go for the better ones.

non - runner :(

typical

dere not gonna tempt us tae back owt else tho 😣

poor day (nt many overall selections, but none won) all told

'nd HT robbin' us selection in 3,20 Ch. tee add insult to possible future(on same day) injuries 😉

every day after today is another day

#finlandwasrobbedand#lesauthoritiesaintdidshítaboutit

changed us mind..

chance two in same race, 8.10 Utt, - luujks w/open to me :)0)

DIRK GENTLY 14/1 EW , THE BANDIT 6/1 EW

gl all

place there - Dirk Gently 3rd

still no winners

g'nite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

Good picks there.

Last at Leicester, Under Curfew won this race in 2021 off the same mark and ran really well in a good time over 6f lto, should be better suited by the return to 5.

went with topweight there....

very strange seeing a 74 rated horse going in Cl6? mebbe they're going for a record or summat 😂

• Advertisement

Pharrkin 'ell

just chooned intee Books for to see what price me sole pick for tomorrow would be - Penny Be opened up at 9/2 and now clipped into 5/2 second fav - behind drifting Moondial 9/4 :(

was gonna have €3 on for sumfink to look 4ward to .... 😭

#noteasy

Wolves and Lingers on Monday - mebbe motivation will arise once more 😂

Advertisement