Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best payg provider for roaming?

Options
  • 13-05-2022 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

travelling to France in a couple of weeks time and looking to get a reliable roaming service, I'm with 48 and was in the UK last weekend and had no coverage whatsoever so don't want that happening again.

looking to get a sim to top up for the month so I can avail of their roaming service while I'm away, any recommendations would be appreciated.

something that will kick in relatively easy when I arrive in France and I don't have to change loads of settings.

I know I'll have a different number while I'm away but it's more data I want than calls and text, can live without them.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Vodafone PAYG. You can buy a 5GB data add-on that lasts for 28 days for €5.

You can also buy calls and texts add-ons at a fiver each too if you thought you'd get the benefit from them as out-of-bundle calls/texts are quite expensive.

All domestic add-ons work the same across the EEA and roaming works out of the box, no fiddling required.

Advertisement