Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW transporter insurance

• 13-05-2022 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi just enquiring, I bought a 2006 2.5 VW transporter, has 8 seats, classed as private, minibus type vehicle. I was looking at insuring it as second vehicle but finding it hard to get quote. Have 20+ years no claims bonus yet can't seem to get a separate quote for van. Most companies seem to say to take car off road and transfer no claims to van.

I presumed would be easier to insure van than it is! Thinking of converting it into a camper van also in near future, surely will be easier then! But just looking at the moment to insure it privately the way it is, and get few maintenance things done on it, but is surprisingly hard to, as second vehicle.

One of insurance firm's mentioned mirroring the insurance, but then ended up my car insurance went very high.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Merino

mine is a 2008 1.9 but in exactly same position. I was quoted €2300 through a broker, I got a 2nd opinion €2800! any advice welcome

Advertisement