Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are KYC requirements standard practice for ICOs?

Options
  • 13-05-2022 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I have about $500 to play about with and was just looking for some ICO projects that I might put some money into in the hope that they take off. I understand the risks etc. etc. and it's as much about a bit of fun as anything. It's money I can afford to lose.

I noticed a project (Solidus AI Tech) that piqued my interest and so I signed up to see what the process was for buying it's token.

I noticed that there are certain KYC requirements before tokens can be purchased which I assume involves me sending copies of passports/drivers licenses or other documentation to verify that I am who I say I am.

Is this standard practice? I know that the crypto sector is rife with scammers and I'm not comfortable providing that sort of documentation. Are they legally required to request this?

Advertisement