Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General warning on using VPNs and MS Rewards

Options
  • 13-05-2022 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭

I think you're generally all good to buy stuff abroad in foreign MS stores using VPNs as it's a gray area. Although I read somewhere else it's only 1 region change allowed every 6 months.

But ....don't try and do MS Rewards from other countries by VPN.

Comments

I mentioned before that I got banned for it, using a VPN to do rewards on the UK website we don't get here. Only found out when I went to redeem them.

Oddly I had the ban lifted last year at some point and had no idea when it was lifted, all the points that I'd earned prior and during the ban (the quests were still popping on the xbox but I couldn't turn them in) Not sure how I realised the ban had been lifted. Maybe they have an amnesty now and again, surprised they left me with my ill gotten gains though.

Advertisement