Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped cd not showing up on computer

Options
  • 13-05-2022 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

I had ripped cds of music . It coming up as blank on my computer. It works on another computer.

How can I get my computer to.pick it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What format have they been ripped in? If you right click on the CD drive on your PC and select Explore do you see any files being shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If its an old ripped CD, it is possible the dye is going and the computer that can't read it has a weaker CD laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

It works on another laptop.they were working up to last week.

I won't have access to check for a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

This happens when a CD is not closed properly. I'm not sure why but some PC's will see the files while others won't. When you burn a disc you can continue saving files to it until it is full or finalised. Try and close the disc in the PC that can see the files. Do this by clicking on the drive and there should be something in drive tools.

• Advertisement

I'll get back to you on it

• One solution may be simply to get another plug in CD drive.

tsstcorp dvd + -rw sh -216db

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Put cd into a laptop ,copy files to a usb drive or sdcard, plug sdcard into pc. copy files to my music, folder.do other cds work on the pc.

drive lens may need to be cleaned .

Advertisement