Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridgestone

Options
  • 13-05-2022 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Cotters are saying there's a tyre shortage across Europe and I can't get the Bridgestone BT46s I need.

Anyone know of Bridgstone dealers in or nearish to Dublin?

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Itineoman

Online - The visor shop / crossans in Newry. Although I found Lee Honda just as cheap for a set of Pilot Road 4 recently and without the hassle of dismantling the bike to get them fitted. Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Itineoman

I’d say any decent dealer would be able to order in and fit whatever tyres you want. Took Lee a week to order in the pilot road 4 set that I wanted. As an aside I used to have Bridgestone battlax on a bog standard road bike and I find the Michelin are a big improvement. I certainly feel a lot more confidence on corners. But I think a lot is subjective and wouldn’t contradict anyone else’s opinion on here.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I wouldn't touch Bridgestone ever since they instructed all of their European dealers that they weren't allowed to fix punctures on them. F that.

Years ago I had the misfortune to have a pair of them on a GS500, complete shyte, would have been better employed on the side of a boat. A change to Dunlops transformed the bike.

So, no, I'm not a fan of Bridgestones 😁

I used to run a GPz900R (still have it... it'll run again, someday 😪 ) with an 18" rear wheel, and I wanted to go on a Euro trip on it. There wasn't a single 18" radial to be had in Europe, Michelin was the only one making them and nobody knew when they'd run another batch. So trip cancelled. Eventually had to ditch the front so I could run a pair of (distinctly inferior) cross-plys, a radial front with a cross-ply rear is seriously bad news.

Here's a wonderfully exaggerated 1970s Public Information Film on the subject 😁

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

So I take it you haven't got a recommendation for a Bridgestone dealer. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ehhh.... no.... 😁 everything after "I'm not a fan of Bridgestones" can be filed under "angry man rants at cloud" 😋

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Actually the Bridgestone Bt46 has proved a brilliant tyre on the Interceptor. Total upgrade from the squirrely Pirellis... no more squeaky-bum whitelining on motorways.

That's why I want a second set.

All right. I'm really not that picky. Bridgestone isn't a deal breaker.

Any recommendations for any tyre dealers?

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'll give Lee a shout... Crossan seem to have v. little stock.. but wonder if there's anywhere closer to Dublin?

I've heard good things about the Michelins all right... Avon too.

I'll start ringing around tomorrow and Tuesday and wI'll go with whatever is in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Colm Cummins

RPM Drogheda 041 9874441, not too sure if they are open tomorrow.

http://www.rpmcycles.ie/

Thanks! Will try them when they open.

Advertisement