Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone experienced in mastering live concert audios/videos?

Options
  • 14-05-2022 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi guys, I’m taping gigs for 20+ years. Recording the audio with a quality Edirol device (usually in Wav 24bit/48k format) and film the whole gig with a halfway decent point and shoot camera (US model, as they don’t have the pesky 30 minute filming limit that EU models have!). I lost the ability to master these recordings myself years ago since Wavelab 6 does not run on higher than Windows XP and I can’t get my head around the more recent Wavelab versions. So I have a bunch of un-mastered recordings sitting on my hard drive.

The work that needs to be done is reducing the bass and adjusting the volume of the audio recordings (I used Wavelab 6 for that) and muxing them with the M2TS video sources without re-encoding (I’m using MKVToolnix for this).

My question is:

- Does anyone have a recommendation for an easy to use audio editor that let’s me change volume and treble & bass of WAV files (ideally with two to three switches only, rather than the 100 switches from recent Wavelab versions)?

cheers

sabrewulf

Advertisement