Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DialecticAspirations

I never thought of forum posting as a dangerous hobby, until now.

Stay safe out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

Lol, someone might get a shovel across the brow from some angry motorist who doesn't appreciate photos being taken of his property & parking. Stay safe out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Seen a woman park/abandon this today in Applegreen. Managed to block an EV charging spot and the pedestrian walking area at the back of the car.

Plenty of empty spaces at the other side of the pumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Must be an AppleGreen thing. Took this the day before yesterday. Plenty of nearby parking spaces. She sat in the car for about ten minutes doing something on her phone, then into the shop for another ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭ARX

Kevin Daly is running for election in Glencullen. Here's a photo of his car parked on a footpath where there is a continuous white line on the road:

And here's a photo from Kevin Daly's Facebook page of a Kevin Daly car parked on a footpath where there is a continuous white line:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Cars parked forcing you out over a single no overtaking white line really annoy me.

School near me have a single white line marked all down the road and every school day there are cars parked all along it on both sides of the road.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭POBox19

He's an entitled smug politician, traffic laws don't apply, they're are only for little people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Actually, he's not a politician. He had hitched his wagon to Shane Ross, so he lost his council seat last time round.

So entitled, smug, failed or wannabe politician would be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭ARX

To be fair, they didn't apply to the dozens of other people who were similarly illegally parked in the same area at the same time. It's funny that Kevin Daly campaigned with Shane Ross to get Stepaside Garda station re-opened - I guess he isn't such a fan of the law after all.

Maybe if the Gardai got off their holes and enforced the law, we'd eventually get good public transport, as people wouldn't be able to automatically take the car on the assumption that they can park wherever they like, legally or not, at their destination. Public transport in Ireland fights with one hand tied behind its back.

The location is served by the 44 and 63 buses, both of which connect with the Luas.

I brought issue this up with Shane Ross a few years ago when he came banging on my door one night. He couldn't get away from me quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Another Applegreen doozie, this time at Birdhill. That's the only pedestrian crossing from the car parking area to the building. It wasn't a quick hop in courier delivery either, it was there for a minimum of 45 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭GavPJ

It should be perfectly legal to tip brake fluid all over cars that belong to people like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Kilnamanagh Shopping Centre, lunch time today.

Large van parked over the line encroaching into one of the grocery click and collect spots:

Car directly opposite the above:

It must be something in the air today.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DialecticAspirations

Greetings from Spain…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭blackwhite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nice foreign plates on it too 😁. Belgian I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭blackwhite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If any Irish resident is caught driving it, Customs can seize it…

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Lidl Dungarvan, parent and child parking

Doesn't look too bad from that picture but the £%^$&£& blocked me into that parking space to the right at right angles and I had to to a 67 point forward and reverse to get out without hitting him.

Took this shot to show how badly he blocked me in. Both pics from dashcam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tow

Transport for Ireland. You should send a complaint into his workplace.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I made a point of getting the reg plate in the picture so if anyone from TFI see's it they'll know who it was.

Drivers window was down so I suspect he (couldn't have been a she?) was sitting at the wheel the whole time I was maneuvering out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Most likely he's operating a service funded by TFI, rather than actually being a TFI employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Tesco Kinnegad

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Leatra

Those Mazda2s are ginormous yokes, in fairness. The driver really should've centred it on the line to allow his door to open to its full extent (like albatross wings)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Waterford this morning. Plenty of parking around, including free council parking on Sunday, but must park right at the door to Pennys

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carfinder

Window open I see. Would be such a shame if a passing pedestrian, having to avoid the obstacle of the car being parked on the path, were to stumble at the curb, cup of coffee goes flying, and as bad luck would have it, goes straight in the window - it would be a terrible thing to happen altogether

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Particularly, if by some mischance, the handbrake were to be released. Who could guess the result of that?

Just pulled in to Lidls carpark to stop and read the paper - no one in the shop shopping.

Not a million miles away this actual customer not only wants one spot near the entrance they decided to have two - must be a special offer or something? Park in one get another parking space free?

And over the road at Aldi you can always find someone parked on that cross hatching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

This at Donegal Town Lidl today, busy carpark except for these empty corner spaces:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

Outside Dunnes in Letterkenny today. Although it's out of shot, the Superb is also parked halfway over the next space.

• Advertisement

Lidl Dungarvan you can never fail to get some ignorant parking pictures.

Typical attitude :-( Double yellow lines don't count in a carpark because no one is going to enforce them and I'm not harming anyone. Both cars there for at least my 20 minute shop.

Advertisement