Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not sure if the pictures do it justice, but Shannon Airport (extra) parking area

Car literally on the road. Doesn’t look great especially when other cars have clear but I’d say it was carnage when full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Miscreant

That must've rolled out of a space! There is no way someone just dumped it there.... although, nothing would surprise me any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Reminds me of that Citroen CX that was abandoned in Cork Airport for years. This photo has the same forlorn vibe of the Citroen when they tarmaced around it.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Are there pics anywhere? Why wasn't it towed away?

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sudden outbreak of “inability to park” disease at Centra Ballinteer. Wear masks and gloves to avoid cross infection.

1a) Micra on double yellows 

1b) Large Volvo blocking 2/3rds footpath, no room for a wheelchair 

2) Toyota centred on two spaces 

3) Hyundai well over the line 

It must be from about 12 plus years ago. I’ll do a bit of searching and see what I turn up.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Benahavis, Spain. When one space isn’t enough 😎

In Ireland that'd be outside a chipper 😋

Couldn't believe this when I had to pop out earlier. I wouldn't usually be in favour of blocking out reg nos. but the VW belongs to a neighbour. Don't recognise the Kia but strongly suspect it's the one at fault here. It was parked with all the windows open a crack, and drove off about 15 mins later.

Was JUST about able to squeeze past. But an ambulance wouldn't, and due to the average age around here they are frequent callers.

I know we are rightly not fans of pavement parking here, but just in case it's not 100% clear, the Kia is fully in the road.

Feckin' ridiculous and whoever parked second here needs to put their licence into a shredder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Arnout

That's something that we see here on a regular basis as well. A few weeks ago we had something big delivered and we had to find two drivers to remove their vehicles before the delivery truck made it to our door. Ambulance or fire truck? Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My mam needed ambulances a few times a year, they genuinely struggled to get down our road as every single house had cars parked outside on the road. All because some selfish **** don't want someone else parking on the public road outside their house. Many of them had 2 car gardens and didn't use them. It's a miracle the bin truck didn't damage someone's car as people would often park a mile out from the curb.

Genuinely don't know why people don't just drive up so one side of the car is on the curb...

Possibly because parking on the footpath is illegal. The footpath is for people on foot.

Curb in a housing estate like the one pictured has grass between the path and the road. Parking on it gives the road more space but people don't want tyre tracks in the previous grass outside their property. It would keep the curtain twitchers happy by still allowing them to park outside their house without needlessly blocking the road as much.

Is it illegal to park on a curb that isn't a footpath?

Yes, still illegal. Why do people expect to use public space to store their private property?

I'm not sure, you'd have to ask them? Both cars in my house are parked on private property.

Considering how stubborn people were in my old estate not parking in their driveway, I'd prefer they parked half on the verge/half on the road even if it's illegal so they're not blocking the roadway. Nobody is impacted by the verge as it doesn't block the path. Ideally they'd park in their driveways but for some reason they didn't want to do that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Davey. Your biggest mistake was replying. 🤣

I'd prefer they parked in their own property, and failing that, fully on the road, where they are legally required to be. Lots of people use the grass verge. I'd often walk on the grass in preference to the concrete. Kids play on the grass verge. Dogs crap on it. It's not for parking, and it quickly gets ripped to bits if used for parking in wet conditions.

Just stay on the road. If traffic has to slow down to get around, so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

In estates like above with private driveways and narrow roads it would be so much easier and pleasant if there were double yellow lines on each side and actual enforcement to keep the roads clear for all. Would encourage residents to use their driveways since the existing reduction in insurance premiums for cars parked on enclosed driveways rather than on the public road where they are more susceptible to damage obviously doesn't suffice.

If there isn't driveways then the grass kerb could be removed on one side of the road to make space for paid parking, residents could avail of yearly parking permits for reduced fees and there should be available spots for visitors to park. Would also save on councils (in most cases residents since councils don't bother with them) maintaining those tiny patches of grass kerbing between driveways.

Council lane can save on maintenance of green spaces by not maintaining them and letting them grow wild. Win win for the council and the bees. We need more green spaces, not less.

• Advertisement

Local politician: ‘Hi Mary, just calling in to let you know we’re going to start charging you for parking on the street outside your house that you’ve been parking for free on for the last 40 years. Can I still count on your vote for me in the next local election?’

It’s what we should do but if it’s never gonna happen. New estates are being built with narrow roads and high curbs to discourage this old kind of parking and street use.

In areas plagued by commuter parking, residents are often crying out for paid parking, with paid residents permits.

What kind of tosser chooses to block the dished kerb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Small print on the sign obviously says "Except BMWs"

This was taken at school kicking out time... he wasn't parked to pick up kids! (UK by the way...)

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Bray Retail Park this afternoon. Your eyes are drawn to the Audi but the Duster is at it as well.

They must have left their guide dog at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Be right back

Charleville. Just couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Square in Tallaght on a night that Rovers have a full house and parking is at a premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I'll try and get a picture when it's darker. There's one parked so far on the footpath you have to go out onto the road to pass but to make it even worse there is a car double parked beside it. The just a little way down there is a car parked on the other side so it's like a driving a slalom. All from the one house.

other car on the far side went, it was parked just where the driveway stops. There is a car also parked normally in front of the VW.

Post edited by spookwoman on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Decided to move and make it very awkward for me to get out. Tax is out on their car

Advertisement