Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options to sell forrestry

• 14-05-2022 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I have a smallish plantation of 11 acres of sitka spruce planted in 2009 and due to an urgent family issue, I would like to sell it. I had heard of forrestry planting crowds can buy plantations sometimes or the likes of coilte would also be interested. It hasn't been thinned yet, has decent road access and is based in north Clare. I know if probably isn't too common to sell off forrestry this early in it's life but theses are exceptional circumstances that I'm in at the moment.

I'm not too familiar in how forrestry works as I took over the farm in 2012 after it was already planted, but would like to know:

If its a relatively quick process to sell, and (the more difficult question) how much would it possibly be worth? Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ofearghp

Sent you a PM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but a family member is looking at selling the trees off of about 14 acers of mature forestry one part of which is Larch and the rest sitka spruce I believe. Anyway there is someone after expressing Interest but i am afraid they may be leading them down the garden path, supposedly they are applying for planning permission for the last 2 years but I cant find any submission sent into the council. They cant provide a date for when the trees will be cut nor will they tie down a price? Is this the normal course of events? If not if anyone knows of a reputable company please PM me, located in cork.

Advertisement