Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail Delivery system returns messages. Emails to gmail users are being rejected.

Options
  • 15-05-2022 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My computer is an iMac and I use Mac Mail for my email service. I have an eircom.com account configured on Mail and have been using this without problems for years. As I use Virgin Media for broadband, the outgoing mail server is identified as smtp.upcmail.ie on the eircom account. For the past week or two, all emails which I send to gmail users are returned with the following message.

SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:

550-5.7.26 This message does not have authentication information or fails to

550-5.7.26 pass authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the

550-5.7.26 message has been blocked. Please visit

550-5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more

550 5.7.26 information. fd11-20020a056402388b00b0042a8fed7b3asi3597398edb.91 - gsmtp

Reporting-MTA: dns; vie01a-dmta-pe02.mx.upcmail.net

The problem happens only if the message is addressed to a gmail user.

Does anyone know why this is happening now, or how I can fix it?

Thank you, Conor

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has been going on for a while, Virgin Media's outgoing SMTP server is doing something that Gmail doesn't like. You can't fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Harcourt

At 30th May 22. My Eircom email from Outlook bounces when sent to Gmail, BUT if I send from Eircom's Webmail it works fine. In both cases from same PC using Virgin broadband.

Any help appreciated

Michael

Advertisement