Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media harassment - cease and desist letters

Options
  • 16-05-2022 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum but I have a scenario where a number of teenagers downloaded photos from social media of my family with the intent to bully my son. In order to do this, they created a series of TikTok accounts, I believe I've tracked them all at 5 separate accounts., everything is screenshot and videos downloaded.

Each of the videos has been reported for violating copyright as they are my photos. Each of the accounts has been reported for harassment. Two of the accounts were created in my name as a means of getting at my son, each of these has been reported as fraudulent along with another account created in my son's name.

In every case, TikTok has said there is no violation when it's clear there is.

I have reported the matter to the Gardai but as these things take so long to progress it's left the bullies alone to post again as they started last night some six weeks after the original issues came to light.

The families of the offenders have been told, one took it seriously and has removed the video posted last night. The other family doesn't want to know, the boy has form for bullying but the parents say it's not their problem and it's too challenging on the mother's mental health, she isn't concerned with the mental health of a 14 year old who has been left devastated by the actions of somebody he would have considered his best friend until this happened.

Is there any point in looking for a solicitor for a cease and desist letter, is it money down the drain?

Any advice is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you know who is behind the issue then talk to a solicitor. They'd probably have a better idea of what is worth doing and what isn't

Advertisement