Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Couch

• 16-05-2022 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I moved into a new house last year and we purchased a new suite (3+2), it's a reclining one and tonight I was putting the reclining part back in on one side of the 3 seater and the bar under it snapped.

It would be just over a year old and hasn't been subject to any excessive use or anything as its just myself, my partner and our 4 year old. What can I expect when I contact the retailer tomorrow, obviously the best case would be them saying they'll sort it no problem but i feel like that is unlikely to happen.

I'm not sure what we paid but it was around the €2k Mark and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that it'll last longer than a year without developing faults.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

To follow up on this and get some more advice.

I contacted the shop who told me they had repair people and they would contact them and they in turn would contact me to arrange as couch was under warranty so all seemed good.

Later that evening a different person from the shop contacted me about it and said she'd need me to send some pictures, I did this and she said she would be in contact the next day.

No response for 3 days, no call backs as I tried to contact the shop she was always unavailable (on break, busy etc)

I then got an email looking to come see the couch, the time she suggested didn't suit so I sent her back 3 alternate times we would be available. No response to this email, I phoned every day for the next 5 days and again she was unavailable and didn't call back and nobody else could deal with it as they didn't know what she had done so far but each time I was assured she would call me back. That didn't happen.

Last Tuesday a man from the shop arrived at my house at 6.30 from the shop to assess the couch without prior warning or contact to let us know somebody was coming but no problem as at least we were getting somewhere. He assured me somebody would be in contact Thurdsay as they were off on Wednesday.

No contact Thurdsay, nothing Friday. I called into the shop Saturday, the lady dealing with it was off and I spoke to a manager and expressed my complete dissatisfaction at the customer service received so far, she fobbed me off telling me reports were being done up about the repair needed but they repair company was closed on Saturday and she would personally contact me Monday. Fine.

So I've been away the past few days and unsurprisingly I have received no contact from anyone. I will be going down tomorrow. The couch is just over a year old, can I just demand a refund from them as they haven't really engaged in trying to solve the issue or how long do they have to remedy the situation.

Apologies for the long post and thanks for any and all help

Advertisement