Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair - Laptop left on flight

Options
  • 16-05-2022 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi, I'm posting this out of desperation as I left my laptop on my Ryanair flight last Wednesday from Chania to Dublin (FR7355). I was sitting by an emergency exit so I had to tuck it in when landing at my side and must have left it there when I got off the plane.

I've logged it on lostproperty.org which is where Ryanair direct you to (can't seem to contact Ryanair directly at all) and they have emailed to say they don't have it. Is there any way that could increase my chances of getting it back? I have a lot of photos and memories backed up on it.

Is there a way of tracking where my flight went next? (There were people getting off the plane right before we got on so it may have gone straight back up?). Would appreciate any advice you can offer. I've tried tracking myself using flight tracking websites but I'm a bit lost. Thank you.

Comments

i left a tablet in the back of a seat once in similar circumstances.

rang them within 40 mins. tough **** paddy, we dont go back and look for you. ring lost property on monday.

needless to say i never got the tablet back.

some scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Your plane was EI-HAT. The following day it went to Ibiza, Milan and Paris. It was based in Dublin on the 12th and 13th and then moved on to being London then Malaga based. Fingers crossed it was found in Dublin and will work its way through the system. I'm not sure what would happen if it wasn't spotted in Dublin and then was spotted in say Ibiza - might be an idea to email Ibiza airport and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Unfortunately I reckon not even Liam Neeson could track your laptop down for you, most likely the next person in the seat pocketed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Thats not a scam... you lost your property... i expect some later passenger may have as i expect plans only cleared once a day...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I left an ipad and a kindle on an Air Iberia flight a couple of years ago, tried all avenues to get it back but no joy. Also a wallet and passport about 10 years ago on Ryanair flight, nope got nothing back - they don't give a f*ck and don't pursue it or try to help. My own fault for being hungover af both times.

I'd be astonished if you got anywhere with this, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The last thing I'd be doing is carrying some randomers laptop out through security.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Dublin airport number - +353 1 8145555

Ryanair -  +353 1 8121367

Maybe try either of those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭john boye

Is stuffing a laptop down the side of a seat not a bit dangerous? Probably for the best if it's been taken out

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Thank you for the advice, I will follow-up with Ibiza airport and via those phone number. Slim chance but worth a try. I was directed by cabin crew to tuck it in at my side so it was probably balanced between the two seats when I stood up, unlikely to be dangerous...

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭drogon.

Was it a Mac or a windows machine ?

Both have "Find my" feature, albeit depends if you had it setup. But worth a shot

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/find-and-lock-a-lost-windows-device-890bf25e-b8ba-d3fe-8253-e98a12f26316

https://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Windows machine but unfortunately I didn't have the feature activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Nothing helpful to add I'm afraid, just hope you get it back and that someone has done the decent thing and handed it to staff, who in turn follow protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Happens to us all. Left my wallet on a flight to Athens (Aegean). Reported it immediately, the staff of the airport actually brought it to me.

Some airlines ARE good at this.

Advertisement