Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avant Credit Card Documents Request

• 16-05-2022 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just curious on something and have little knowledge. I am with kbc and as they're leaving soon I thought I'd change credit card providers.

I have only ever used the kbc one lightly, and even when heavy it gets paid off every month usually.

I applied with Avant, not our of urgency just more I like to have one available for emergencies or what not.

I uploaded POA, BS, ID and payslip.

Avant have come back saying they want 3 months if statement (originally wanted 1 month) and rather strangely proof of my recent mortgage drawdown.

I can half understand wanting the extra 2 months of BS, if they're being careful. But why do they need proof of my recent mortgage drawdown?

Just seems a touch excessive, I have nothing to hide and got our mortgage around 2 weeks ago so no issues with my credit or spending or anything.

Is this normal? I'm half inclined to not finish the application. I still have the kbc and rarely use it anyway.

Any thoughts or reasons why they'd ask would be welcome, it's made me curious, and a touch perplexed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,418 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They may have seen something on bank statement that they not totally happy with.

They could then be using the proof of actually drawing down mortgage funds as proof that you have gone through very tough financial checks and been ok.

I dealt with them previous and got very good rate for car loan. Painless overall.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Would imagine the proof of draw down is because the mortgage is still showing as an application on the CCR report and you advised them that it's been drawn down, so they just need proof to be able to override what the credit report is telling them.

Re the 3 months bank statements, buying a house is a pretty expensive time - would imagine they are just being a bit cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Fair enough, thanks both :)

Advertisement