Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure Watch (HKC) Keypad No Display or Power after cable cut

Options
  • 17-05-2022 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I wonder can anybody help me out… My wife cut the wires running around our fireplace she thought they were old speaker cables, But they were for our Alarm system Secure Watch (HKC) I reconnected the wires.. I wound them together and had planned to solder them once all was working.. The problem is the Keypad went off when she cut the wires and never came back on even after re-joining the wires. A friend of mine suggested wiring it directly from the control panel to see if the Keypad had shorted, I done that and the Keypad still didn’t light up… So I managed to get a second-hand Keypad (Same make and model) and installed that, but still no power.. The Siren outside is sounding every time we put power on, Alarm is on the Immersion switch so had to power that off on the house Fuse Panel…

Am I missing anything I need to do, I’ve had a look at the fuses on the control panel and they all appear to be ok,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deacon007

Got sorted, Thanks davidconroy46 a true gent, It turned out to be a fuse blown that I missed the first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

For anyone else with the same issue, the Secure Watch alarm system has fuses in the control panel.

Cutting the cable to the keypad would blow the keypad fuse.

Advertisement