Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time On Eir / GoMo Mobile

Options
  • 17-05-2022 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Today at approximately 12:30 my GoMo mobile and my wife's mobile changed time to 1 hr 40 mins earlier. Both phones use the network feature to obtain the time. I have also spoken to others that is also happened to today! Anyone have an insight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Cork981

Eir had big issues today. Most customers couldn’t receive or make calls and some family members still have no service since 10am this morning. Data seems to be working fine all day so most people haven’t noticed the outage. Mobile sites should be getting time from GPS but I don’t fully understand this protocol. My guess is the time issue is related to the outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭tandcapply

Same here, time is still showing an earlier time of 05:40am (07:26 is the actual time)

Kids' phones are showing the correct time as neither are with GOMO.

I wonder how many alarms were missed due to this weird one

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm on GoMo, no issue with different time showing, admittedly I didn't take any notice yesterday.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

I’m with Eir and I still have no service whatsoever since about 10.30 yesterday morning. Has it come back for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I see another thread some people still reporting issues on Eir

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭tjhook

Just a note that anybody using an app (e.g. RSA SecurID) on their phone to generate tokens, for connecting to a work VPN...

It won't work if the time is wrong on the handset. Took a few minutes for me to work out the problem this morning.

It's possible to set the time manually in the phone settings... not sure how well it keeps the time, but it's good enough for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Son's PAYG Eir phone has been down since yesterday and still "emergency calls only" when he left for school this morning, don't know if he's back yet.

Wife and I are Eir billpay, not affected, nor was my daughter's Eir PAYG.

According to RTE News, "The company confirmed that the outage was caused by a power incident in an eir exchange." which sounds like a load of bollix to me as phone networks are (supposed to be) fully resilient against hardware problems - doesn't explain the weird time problem many people were having too. So clearly someone fat-fingered a configuration change... surprising it took them so long to reverse it.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement